Headshok decals- Mtbr.com

Thread: Headshok decals

mtbr member

Headshok decals

I'm looking for stickers to replace on my ultra from my 2001 Jekyll. Anyone know where I might find some? Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I got a full set of Lefty decals on eBay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    I got a full set of Lefty decals on eBay.
    Thanks, but I need the headshok ultra stickers

mtbr member
    You might want to look into having some custom made. I knew a guy that did that for his vintage BMX frames a few years back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woodwerker10 View Post
    Thanks, but I need the headshok ultra stickers
    Yeah but my point is, eBay. The people who sell them are usually shops who sell other sets. I've seen Headshok sets before. Not all the time, but sometimes.

PM Mendoncyclesmith maybe he has a lead

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    Yeah but my point is, eBay. The people who sell them are usually shops who sell other sets. I've seen Headshok sets before. Not all the time, but sometimes.

PM Mendoncyclesmith maybe he has a lead
    I've asked Craig before. He does not know of any. There is an eBay seller who makes very accurate Cannondale frame stickers though. If not - your best bet is to have a good graphic artist render the original Cannondale Si graphics on his computer....then print them on all-weather, 5-year acrylic transfers. It's NOT cheap, as I had a guy do it for me once($40 for entire frame and fork)....but to me, it was worth it.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

mtbr member
    FS Decals (they have a ebay storefront) has been good for repro work for me. He even redid an exact replica of a black and chrome serial number plate for a tractor that I restored. Mind you that was after I accidentally welded near it without covering it, so he had to redo the graphic work to erase weld melts before even getting close. It came out perfect for $10. If you have anything close to a photo and a measurement he can help you.

http://stores.ebay.com/FS-Decals-and-Graphics
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I used to have a bunch of Headshok decals, will check the sticker collection later today.

edit: No luck, just a sticker for an old MC50.

Headshok decals-headshok.jpg
    Last edited by RepoMan2112; 11-13-2014 at 09:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Do you still have the original stickers on your suspension?

I can trace the graphics and email you the vectors in CMYK color code. You only need to find a printing company that prints them for you. I believe the originals were either silkscreened or printed with an Alps printer which is rare these days. If you could find a company that uses that very same printing method at an affordable price then you're in luck. I don't recommend inkjet printing on transparent vinyl due to opacity issues but the end result might suffice your needs.

Other alternative would be organize a group buy and order a batch print of silk screened stickers from Custom Stickers | Clear/Die Cut Vinyl Sticker Printing by Sticker Robot© but that would require the participation of a whole community of vintage cannondale owners...

Check EBay. There is a guy in UK who makes highly accurate Cannondale decals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_Pepa View Post
    Check EBay. There is a guy in UK who makes highly accurate Cannondale decals.
    I can also trace any graphic to perfection given an accurate image...

Check out this thread i started:

The vector graphics thread! - Pinkbike Forum

Could you refer me to that seller please?

Quote Originally Posted by Silenoz View Post
    I can also trace any graphic to perfection given an accurate image...

Check out this thread i started:

The vector graphics thread! - Pinkbike Forum

Could you refer me to that seller please?
    This guy makes perfect, decals in 7 year, non-fade acrylic backing:
    0632 White Cannondale F2000 Bicycle Stickers Decals Transfers | eBay
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_Pepa View Post
    This guy makes perfect, decals in 7 year, non-fade acrylic backing:
    0632 White Cannondale F2000 Bicycle Stickers Decals Transfers | eBay
    The description only says it's a vinyl printed decal. Doesn't specify if it's inkjet printed, silkscreened or other any other process. Does he have a facebook page showcasing pictures of his stickers applied on frames?

No, but I bought from him 4 years ago and the stickers appear New.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Did you try posting this in the Cannondale forum?

mtbr member
    love the dedication!

mtbr member

Custom made Heashshok decals

I have found a guy that is making up for me same FATTY D decals and some FATTY SL decals and to the exact color of my choice to suit my color matching needs. The same guy also has Headshok Ultra stickers. $15 including postage.
    Checkit: Stickers Design: Head Shok

I worked with Marco to have him produce a pair of custom decals to suit my color scheme and the total cost is $30 for two sets of decals as shown below. I am painting both forks Dodge Viper Red (I am told Dodge PRN Viper Red is a match to Cannondale Viper Red). One bike has silver trim and the other has yellow trim on the RED Super V SL swing arms so my color coded Headshok decals will match on the forks.
    Name:  decals.png
Views: 746
Size:  24.9 KBName:  decals.png
Views: 727
Size:  24.4 KB
    Last edited by rhumphryes; 03-08-2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: updated

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumphryes View Post
    I have found a guy that is making up for me same FATTY D decals and some FATTY SL decals and to the exact color of my choice to suit my color matching needs. The same guy also has Headshok Ultra stickers. $15 including postage.
    Checkit: Stickers Design: Head Shok

I worked with Marco to have him produce a pair of custom decals to suit my color scheme and the total cost is $30 for two sets of decals as shown below. I am painting both forks Dodge Viper Red (I am told Dodge PRN Viper Red is a match to Cannondale Viper Red). One bike has silver trim and the other has yellow trim on the RED Super V SL swing arms so my color coded Headshok decals will match on the forks.
    Name:  decals.png
Views: 746
Size:  24.9 KBName:  decals.png
Views: 727
Size:  24.4 KB

As far as accuracy goes, these are "way" off. I've recently managed to trace the original graphics from a Fatty D and they look like this:

Headshok decals-2016-03-29-18_05_28-bikes_headshok_fatty_d_decal_kit.pdf_-%40-150%25-rgb_preview-.jpgHeadshok decals-2016-03-29-18_07_22-bikes_headshok_fatty_d_decal_kit.pdf_-%40-150%25-rgb_outline-.jpg

Ignore the green background.

mtbr member
    As far as accuracy goes, these are "way" off. I've recently managed to trace the original graphics from a Fatty D and they look like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-03-29 18_05_28-bikes_headshok_fatty_d_decal_kit.pdf_ @ 150% (RGB_Preview).jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	1060384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-03-29 18_07_22-bikes_headshok_fatty_d_decal_kit.pdf_ @ 150% (RGB_Outline).jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	1060386

Hi Silenoz

Not so bro. Not way off at all.
    Marco built the decals exactly according to my specifications and if you need some he can build them to those specs shown in the graphic you provided. I used my 1998 F900 with Fatty D folks to base from.

Headshok decals-f900-3.jpg
    Attached is a photo of my 1998 F900 with original folks.

You will see that Cannondale has some variance in the decal styles and the decals your graphics shows are what I believe may be the later style.

regards

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    He could have asked you to draw the letters on tracing paper and scan them so he could vectorize them with minimal margin for error. Instead he decided to eyeball the graphics as shown in the picture and draw something similar. I apologize but those graphics are way off. The headshok symbol doesn't have that much of rounded edges for instance. (if any as the model i've traced from)

mtbr member
    He could have asked you to draw the letters on tracing paper and scan them so he could vectorize them with minimal margin for error. Instead he decided to eyeball the graphics as shown in the picture and draw something similar. I apologize but those graphics are way off. The headshok symbol doesn't have that much of rounded edges for instance. (if any as the model i've traced from)
    Hey Silenoz
    Technically the decals may not be 100% accurate if you are comparing with the original decals but they are how I wanted them so its good enough. The absence of the registered trademark logo or the rounded edges isn't a problem for me, we are not trying to create a forgery - lol

Just wondering, are you in the business of creating decals?
    You seem to have taken this thread personally.

mtbr member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-03-29 18_05_28-bikes_headshok_fatty_d_decal_kit.pdf_ @ 150% (RGB_Preview).jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	1060384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-03-29 18_07_22-bikes_headshok_fatty_d_decal_kit.pdf_ @ 150% (RGB_Outline).jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	1060386

Hey Silenoz
    I just checked some photo's various Headshok's from various catalogs. It appears that the ® symbol in your graphics is on the wrong side!
    The ® symbol should be on the right side, just above the K.
    That would be a major hangup for me - lol