Has there ben any progress at Greenlane regarding the Blue Trail?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Has there ben any progress at Greenlane regarding the Blue Trail?

Hey all- I potentially might be chaning jobs and will be close to Greenlane. I know the red trail and the lower trail (was rocky but short) are great but I used to ride the Blue trail years and years ago- I heard it was closed to bikes, any chance that has changed or being considered to be changed?
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

Dec 2004
    it is still closed. i ride there at least once a week (red trail), and ride that across the bridge to the blue trail. they got signs posted. haven't heard if its ever gonna be open again.

mtbr member
    Yeah I ride red trail all the time. Blue trail is still closed to bikes. Signs are posted.

mtbr member
    Hey Guys, just getting back into bike riding with my brother, where is a good place to park to ride greenlane?

thx. joe

Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jammin
    Hey Guys, just getting back into bike riding with my brother, where is a good place to park to ride greenlane?

thx. joe
    I usually park in the first parking lot off of Rt 29 on Knight Rd. You can go across Knight from there or go up the hill from the parking lot. I should really learn the trail colors one of these days.

I am hoping to get back up there soon. Broke 2 ribs and have been out for a bit. Just took a spin on the Perk to get out some cabin fever. When do most of you ride Green Lane?

mtbr member
    yeah I usually park in the first parking lot off of knights road too. I ride there at least two to three times a week. I usually go after work around 4 - 4:30 on weekdays and 9 - 10 in the morning on weekends.

mtbr member
    Anybody know the conditions? Last time I rode there, I expected it to be dry but was wet. Does that place ever dry out?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The last time I was there I rode the red trails with my kids. It wasn't overly muddy but it had been dry for something like three or four days before we went.

There was horse crap everywhere, though. If I had to guess, right now the red trail network is probably pretty muddy and the orange trails are a swamp.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The orange was always pretty swampy as I recall. I haven't been there in 2 years, but I used to ride the orange trail all the time and some sections rarely dried out.

Members who have read this thread: 0