Hartwood or Deer Lakes tomorrow?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Hartwood or Deer Lakes tomorrow?

I'm on vacation this week and want to get away from being spoiled from living so close to Frick Park. I'm debating between Hartwood Acres and Deer Lakes. I want to ride both at some point. Is Hartwood all technical riding? I have heard that Deer Lakes is great smooth non technical single track, which may suit me well if Hartwood is mostly technical. Hartwood is closer to me, living on the east side of the city.

Thanks for your help

mtbr member
    If you're looking for smooth, flowy stuff, that's not Hartwood for the most part. Hartwood has a lot of rocks, log crossings and off-trail features to play on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I've been doing some reading, sounds like North Park may be more of what I'm looking for.

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    South Park thursday night i am leading a ride out there in the evening. Ill post it up here the end of the day. south Park is among the fastest flowiest trails around.

If you never been to either Id say check out both. Hartwood acres actually has maps and is super fun, but Deer Lakes is faster.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    You should check out Bavington, though I wouldn't recommend it without GPS or someone that knows the trails.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino
    You should check out Bavington, though I wouldn't recommend it without GPS or someone that knows the trails.
    I think I will, and thank you for the recommendation. I found a nearly 6 minute long ride video of Bavington and it looks great. As you said though, the person filming had a GPS unit on their bike.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRPriester
    I think I will, and thank you for the recommendation. I found a nearly 6 minute long ride video of Bavington and it looks great. As you said though, the person filming had a GPS unit on their bike.

Btw, Trek of Robinson does a group ride out there every Sunday morning at 9 as far as I know.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

Members who have read this thread: 0