Harrisburg area riders- Mtbr.com
    MTBR Goon
    Nov 2011

Harrisburg area riders

Last edited by scsabol; 01-04-2019 at 12:34 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    there's a neat short "rail trail" that starts around 16th st in New Cumberland that goes to the bottleneck in lemoyne.it's not exactly legal with conrail/norfolksouthern but I've never been caught. there are a few short trails behind the Lemoyne pool/park area also.

MTBR Goon
    Nov 2011
    I know where lemoyne memorial park is. I'll have to take a pedal over there. I know the rail trail you are talking about, you can ride some decent miles on that all the way from marysville to new Cumberland.

Someone had mentioned some trails in new Cumberland behind a sports field, ring any bells?

Anything in the Hershey area, seems like there would be something to ride out near nyes road area.

I've also heard of some trails at Messiah college, any one with knowledge?

mtbr member
    The trail system at Messiah College is a fitness trail that runs through the woods. You can get on the trail by the covered bridge or there is an entrance off of the parking lot by the volleyball and basketball courts.

KeenBean
    Mar 2012
    The trail from 16th street in New Cumberland has been totally cleared by the township putting new sewer lines in. Slight modification to the gate on the Harrisburg side of the abandoned railroad bridge... it is once again accessible. its an awesome way to cross the river, you just have to jump off a concrete wall at the hospital and your on front street.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scsabol View Post

Someone had mentioned some trails in new Cumberland behind a sports field, ring any bells?
    Could be the trails on 12th street behind the baseball fields? Those were my bmx thrash trails as a kid!

Guyute
    Sent from my iPad using TapaTalk

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Don't know if I will ever head up to the New Cumberland, Harrisburg, Camp Hill, and so on area but I might so I will keep this in mind.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    thank you

Members who have read this thread: 0