Guy's Neshaminy Classic 2012- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Guy's Neshaminy Classic 2012

The Mid-Atlantic Super Series

How is that race?

Even though I graduated from Neshaminy High School over 15 years ago.... I wasn't into mountain biking back then.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Tight twisty singletrack with some rocky sections thrown in. Lots of turns where you have to slow down and accelerate quickly. Short steep climbs. Only 1300 feet of climbing for the expert race last year.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
    The Mid-Atlantic Super Series

How is that race?

Even though I graduated from Neshaminy High School over 15 years ago.... I wasn't into mountain biking back then.
    I did it a few years back just for fun and had a blast. Might do it again this year... thinking about it with Tour de Tykes being off....

It tends to be at a point in the summer that can be very hot and humid.

I graduated from New Hope-Solebury in '93... back then I had a really crappy bike and had no idea about Neshaminy trails or that you could ride a bike at High Rocks!!!!

I also spent 3 semesters at Penn State main campus and only rode one time there with a friend who lent me a spare bike.

I sure wish I would have been into riding back in the day, I had some prime trails around.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    It's a really fun race. Lots of sprint/brake/turn/sprint action as Mucker stated. The event is put on by some very dedicated locals, and it runs smoothly, and it has very good parking! Be sure to bring a pop-up tent as the team area doesn't have a lot of trees. Also bring plenty of extra water as mentioned previously, it does get hot and humid.

Hopefully the BBQ people will be back again this year. Good food.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Agree with all of the above. It's too far of a drive for me to make the trip again this year (~4.5hrs), but if it was was closer I'd hit it again.

mtbr member
    How many laps do they do for the race? Do they have a Clyde class?

banned
    Apr 2009
    If i remember there is one steep hill section that was impossible to clear-----I'ts crazy in there!!!---I got lost in there before (both times I was there)
    I wonder how the ticks are there this year??--But i was there 2 years ago and had no problems.

I also remember this Wasp following me for an hour----the guy I was with (in front of me) took off his helment and started swinging....

BUT I Loved it---the forst year I was riding and that made me a much better rider!!!--though my 29er Paragon did not get on any of the jumps there!!!!--didn't want my frame to crack!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiSpoke View Post
    How many laps do they do for the race? Do they have a Clyde class?
    Yep. Check out www.masuperseries.com - in particular, the schedule - for all the details.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymetal View Post
    Agree with all of the above. It's too far of a drive for me to make the trip again this year (~4.5hrs), but if it was was closer I'd hit it again.
    I got almost a 3 hour drive myself.... (usually more like 2.5 hours... but I tend to drive a little slower when the bike is on top of the car).......

I barely recognize the Langhorne area since moving out of the area 10 years ago for my career.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I also was looking into doing this race. It be the first one in about 12 years. So it has been a long time. How long is the beginner course and any idea of the pace?

thanks

tempobon
    Jun 2010
    Beginner course is 8 miles, prologue and 1 lap. I am riding it for the first time this year but my friends have ridden and the pace is fast.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'll be doing this race too! I've been doing all the MASS XC races so far this year. Lots of fun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    just signed up yesterday

Members who have read this thread: 0