Gutbuster Time Trial @ Rocky Ridge- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Gutbuster Time Trial @ Rocky Ridge

Spud Racing and YAMBA present the second annual Gutbuster Time Trial at Rocky Ridge County Park in York, PA on Saturday March 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM. Registration starts at 9:00 AM.

Come test your early season fitness in this short all out anaerobic mountain bike time trial.

Kevin
    Trail Advocacy Coordinator
    www.yamba.org
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Race "details"

As posted on the YAMBA website by the TT "organizer". Remember this is about having fun in the early season, come out and join us.

"Let the trash talk commense! Yes, the Gutbuster II is fast approaching.
    Saturday, March 28th is the glorious event. Come on out and have a good time
    racing a MTB time trial and also harrassing all the other racers. This year will
    be similiar to last year - meaning - it is all about fun, and what I say goes!
    Things like - obstacle courses, trolls, cowbells, eggs, pushups, Dusty busting
    chops and then not showing up, Joe Gordon tearing the legs off all others only
    to be accessed a penalty and more fun than anyone can bear! Spud Racing will
    supply all the fun and games along with some support for the course and bikes
    comming from Team Cycleworks. Can someone break the magical 11 minute mark?
    Costumes - you bet! Bring em Strange bikes - sure Bring em!
    Anyone riding in a thong will have 5 minutes taken off their time. The thong
    must be visible, not on backwards and be accompanied only by bare skin. Cost is
    $15 bucks and trophys will be awarded to the first place male and female racers
    in 2 classes - Beginner and Open. NO SANDBAGGING! See the files section for a
    pdf of the event. Till next post, Spud Racing Rules!
    Paul Yeager"

Kevin
    www.yamba.org
    Last edited by pspwesty; 03-15-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    One week to go, bump.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here.

A few questions:

On the ride we did today the race your hosting came up in conversation as some of our NEPMTBA members are thinking of attending.

What is the actual address(for GPS use) You could email me a race day phone number if you like at [email protected]

Can we pre ride the course?

Any special requirements?

Thanks for hosting your event and the info!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    3600 Deininger Rd York, PA 17406

That will get you close. Keep following the road back into the park. Staging will be in the first parking lot on the right after entering the park. The trails at Rocky Ridge are almost always open to MTB'ing, except under wet conditions. You can call 840-7440 to check on trail conditions.

Keep in mind that we aren't actually calling this a "race", but a Time Trial. Semantics, yes. No special requirements. Come down, warm up and hammer for 11-15 minutes and see where you stand. Also I am sure that there will be people riding afterwards. Myself included as I am not riding the TT.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Bump, for those that may not have seen it. Less than 24 hrs to go.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

And the winner was

Overall Andy Hoover

Womens Overall Amy McCullough

Beg course Men:Jim Diffendal

Beg course Women: Michelle Rudy

Congratulations!
    Last edited by pspwesty; 03-29-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: additions

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Are there more pics up anywhere?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I posted a few of the NEPMTBA group in their thread. I also added the class winners as well to the post above. I have to edit the rest of mine and gather some more from others on the course. I'll post a link once they are up.
    Last edited by pspwesty; 03-29-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0