Grove City- Mtbr.com

Thread: Grove City

May 2004

Grove City

Is anyone in or around (Mercer, Slippery Rock) Grove City?

I'm going to be in town over Easter weekend and would love to get some riding in. I'm not sure if any of the old trails still exist, what new trails are available, if I should bring my MTB, my cross bike or my road bike.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan 2005

grovecity

the trails at the grove city park are still there. (as of last summer) if you enter the woods by the baseball field and armory (but on the opposite side of the road) you will find them. you can ride and reride routes and make an ok hr or hr 1/2 ride. I would use the mountain bike as it has a bunch of short steep hills that are better suited to the mountainbike. I know they ran a cyclocross event there in the fall but i doubt that any of the routes are still up. other than that moraine and kennerdale are good mtn. bike options with moraine being the easiest to not get lost. i think there are some good directions on the trail finder. If you are looking for proximity to grove city then hit the park. if you are looking for a more quality ride then hit one of the others. I can get you directions to any of the other spots if you need them.

good luck.

Mar 2006
    Never been there, so couldn't really tell you. However its not too far from me. I could see if it would work into my schedule to meet up with you if you want a riding buddy.

Later,
    Chris

May 2004
    I'm familiar with that Park because I grew up riding in there and my MIL lives in the apartments directly in front of them. I can see the baseball fields and Armory from her window

I haven't ridden Moraine State Park in ages! cds00bsmg, where are you located? I probably won't be able to stray too far from Grove City...I'll only be able to go as far as I feel like riding as the wife will need to van to do all her running around and visiting.

Mar 2006
    Check your Personal messages oclvtrek...

~Chris

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cds00bsmg
    Check your Personal messages oclvtrek...

~Chris
    Done. Reply sent!

Members who have read this thread: 0