grooming the spaghetti bowl....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

grooming the spaghetti bowl....

today i decivded that i would leave my house with my bike and a good steel rake and groom the rarely used spaghetti bowls trail section. i have one trail completely raked and i'm working on aothers (theres a lot more back there then i could have imagined). i'll post up some pics as soon as i can or you can just go ride it. to get there go up the side walk on lincoln drive past rittenhouse town, cross over lincoln drive and rittenhouse ave. there a little grass feild across the street, go up rittenhouse avd a bit and you'll see a small white trailer (probabaly for the constuction across the street). you'll find the trail head behind there. the trail head has not been groomed to kinda keep it hidden, but its easy to find if you know what your looking for. i hope you guys enjoy it.

while riding you hit two places where the trail branches off. on the first stay straight, don't go right, thats not quite done. on the second ( a bit more of a fork on the raod rather that the other spot) stay left and it'll eventually dump you on the lincoln drive trail. if you do bare right on the second fork, you'll see where i stopped working today but you'll be in for a treat, its a sweet trail.

let me know what you think. i'll be doin more work next tuesday or maybe sunday morning. this single track is so bad ass, so away from hikers, and so fun that i can't let it go to waste, i had to bring it back to life.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    these trails are in the wissahickon for anyone that may not have known....

Respect Your Trails
    That is a great area back there. Although it has been a while since I've ridden to that side of the park. Glad to hear someone is bringing it back to life.....I know the rains of last fall and the spring put a hurting on that area.... and any little lips and transitions I made deteriorated. I'll have to check it out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    these trails are in the wissahickon for anyone that may not have known....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    today i decivded that i would leave my house with my bike and a good steel rake and groom the rarely used spaghetti bowls trail section. i have one trail completely raked and i'm working on aothers (theres a lot more back there then i could have imagined). i'll post up some pics as soon as i can or you can just go ride it. to get there go up the side walk on lincoln drive past rittenhouse town, cross over lincoln drive and rittenhouse ave. there a little grass feild across the street, go up rittenhouse avd a bit and you'll see a small white trailer (probabaly for the constuction across the street). you'll find the trail head behind there. the trail head has not been groomed to kinda keep it hidden, but its easy to find if you know what your looking for. i hope you guys enjoy it.

while riding you hit two places where the trail branches off. on the first stay straight, don't go right, thats not quite done. on the second ( a bit more of a fork on the raod rather that the other spot) stay left and it'll eventually dump you on the lincoln drive trail. if you do bare right on the second fork, you'll see where i stopped working today but you'll be in for a treat, its a sweet trail.

let me know what you think. i'll be doin more work next tuesday or maybe sunday morning. this single track is so bad ass, so away from hikers, and so fun that i can't let it go to waste, i had to bring it back to life.
    Hey thanks for the work! Where area is called the spaghetti bowl? Its not by the Henry Avenue apartments is it?

Respect Your Trails

Spaghetti Bowl

Opposite end of the park actually. It is down near the Walnut Lane Golf Course.

If you know where Kelly Dr. starts down off of Ridge Ave. (near the bus stop) and down near Lincoln Drive. There is a paved trail that runs parallel to Lincoln Dr. and the creek which takes you to the Lincoln Dr. parking area and the beginning of Forbidden Dr.

Along that trail, there is a dirt trail that runs up hill with a no bike sign (don't take that) gotta be respectful of the trails. After that, there is an intersection on the paved trail, where another paved trail makes a sharp left and runs up the hill. Take that, to the top of the hill, make a left at the trailhead you'll see up there, keep right on the trail, you'll go past a bunker in the ground, and make a left there. Cross the wood bridge, stay right, start going uphill again, and that will take you right to the bowl.

Not the best directions, but if you seach in that general area, you'll find it. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by anand
    Hey thanks for the work! Where area is called the spaghetti bowl? Its not by the Henry Avenue apartments is it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dahoos
    Opposite end of the park actually. It is down near the Walnut Lane Golf Course.

If you know where Kelly Dr. starts down off of Ridge Ave. (near the bus stop) and down near Lincoln Drive. There is a paved trail that runs parallel to Lincoln Dr. and the creek which takes you to the Lincoln Dr. parking area and the beginning of Forbidden Dr.

Along that trail, there is a dirt trail that runs up hill with a no bike sign (don't take that) gotta be respectful of the trails. After that, there is an intersection on the paved trail, where another paved trail makes a sharp left and runs up the hill. Take that, to the top of the hill, make a left at the trailhead you'll see up there, keep right on the trail, you'll go past a bunker in the ground, and make a left there. Cross the wood bridge, stay right, start going uphill again, and that will take you right to the bowl.

Not the best directions, but if you seach in that general area, you'll find it. Have fun.

are these the same as the bmx bowls? i just can't seem to make a visual of other "bowls" besides them.
    Reign Skate

Members who have read this thread: 0