Gretna Sunday- Mtbr.com

Thread: Gretna Sunday

mtbr member

Gretna Sunday

There is a possibility that I may be in the Hershey area on Sunday and was wondering if there are any organized rides going on at Mt. Gretna. I only know what I found online in post and reviews, but it seems like a decent place to ride for a 2-3 hours.

If nothing is scheduled, anyone with suggestions on which trails / directions / conditions / etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks.

my church is the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie
    There is a possibility that I may be in the Hershey area on Sunday and was wondering if there are any organized rides going on at Mt. Gretna. I only know what I found online in post and reviews, but it seems like a decent place to ride for a 2-3 hours.

If nothing is scheduled, anyone with suggestions on which trails / directions / conditions / etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    there's always some rides going out on weekends. Usually a group at 8am and one closer to noon. We'll have to see how the trails are by sunday with the rain forecast for the rest of the week.

siv
    mtbr member
    Feel free to let me know trail conditions should you ride today, I refuse to ride trail 15 when its slick anymore. BTW, how was Mt.Penn? RC was great as usual.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker
    there's always some rides going out on weekends. Usually a group at 8am and one closer to noon. We'll have to see how the trails are by sunday with the rain forecast for the rest of the week.
    I didn't see anywhere obvious posted for ride times/start locations.

I definitely don't want to damage the trails, so if it is wet & sloppy, I'll try to ride somewhere I know dries out well. That being said, I don't mind a little mud or slick rocks/roots.

my church is the woods
    it's rare that anything is actually organized to the point of posting on the interweb ride times and locations around here. I'll try to post something here on Saturday. Rain is forecast for Friday, but things have been drying out pretty quickly lately, but not everywhere.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Trail 15 kicks a$$ I can't wait until it gets drier out so me and my buds can really give it a go. Last time we were there it was just a little on the wet side.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Rode there yesterday and everything was pretty good, actually tacky... If the sun comes out sat, it will be good on sunday.

my church is the woods
    ReformedRoadie - My group of old farts is heading up to Rattling Creek early Sunday morning to ride. Sorry, I don't know of any other organized group rides at Gretna Sunday....maybe Siv and his crew? if you go solo, check out http://www.sambabiker.com/govenor-dick/mt-gretna-maps
    and that will get you around Gov Dick in Gretna.
    since your in hershey, you are welcome to come along up to RC. Let me know it your interested and we can work out somewhere to meet and carpool if you want. It's a little over an hour drive from Hershey.

siv
    mtbr member
    Who are the old farts and how early, was considering going anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0