Green lane park- Mtbr.com

Thread: Green lane park

mtbr member

Green lane park

Has anyone ever been camping at green lane park? I am looking for a place to a little weekend camping trip and hopefully some riding as well somewhere in SE PA. I don't want to go anywhere where there are tons of RVs and kids running all over the place. Understand that I am somewhat new to both camping and mountain biking. Any advice would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Green Lane has designated camping sites, pretty tame stuff with access to bathrooms and the like. As long as you go on a weekend when there are no events at the park you'll be fine. Its rare that there are a lot of people on the grounds on a typical weekend.

If you are looking to ride Green Lane some, the Red Trail is pretty tame and a fun ride. I find the Orange Trail is, while much shorter, more challenging. Take this with a grain of salt as I am a beginner also.

Here is a link to more info if you need it: Green Lane Park

mtbr member
    Yeah I actually rode orange trail last sunday. I am gonna check out red trail hopefully this weekend. I was just wondering if there is anyone that has camped there before or any other places you might recommend.

Its good to hear it doesn't get very crowded. Thanks for the advice!

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    French creek has more camping and more trails.

Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamiano12
    Has anyone ever been camping at green lane park? I am looking for a place to a little weekend camping trip and hopefully some riding as well somewhere in SE PA. I don't want to go anywhere where there are tons of RVs and kids running all over the place. Understand that I am somewhat new to both camping and mountain biking. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    There is a LBS group ride on Sunday Mornings at 9:00. It starts in the Knights Rd parking lot which is the first lot off of 29. It is at the upper part of the park which a small car ride to get there from the Deep Creek campsite.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    any body have a link to a map of the red trail? having trouble finding one

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    pic of trail map attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Green lane park-green-lane.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Excellent, thanks for the map!!

Members who have read this thread: 0