Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"



    You too could hit the big drop features



    Learn how to ride so fast you are invisible!



    And become fearless as Tigger!


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amysue135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    129
    lol.. Nice! What a great weekend, despite the "Eject-o-matic" moment on Tempest.. Hopefully next weekend brings nice weather! I am starting to twitch and itch!

  3. #3
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by amysue135
    I am starting to twitch and itch!
    You know, they have creams and lotions to address that kind of problem.

    BUT, I know what you mean. S'why I was down in the "shop" working on bikes for over an hour tonight to hopefully get Stuff Ready for the next time. I fear that harsh hit I had opening weekend on my rear wheel will be it's death sentence, we'll see. Getting ready to build up the replacement though.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    55
    Dave's new bike is lookin good. I will have to venture there with you guys soon.

  5. #5
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by kish0000
    Dave's new bike is lookin good. I will have to venture there with you guys soon.
    Let me know ahead of time so I'm sure to have my camera battery properly charged. ;^)

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    55
    Hahaha you will have to catch all the carnage.

  7. #7
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Like the Sidi boots.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Got-Bike!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail6
    Like the Sidi boots.
    I wish they still made them!
    ahh...the sound of my hub when I coast.

  9. #9
    Gravity's Gone
    Reputation: nankerphelge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,384
    A bunch of us are hitting it this Sunday. All are welcome!

  10. #10
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    A bunch of us are hitting it this Sunday. All are welcome!
    Figures. I have to be at work this Sunday. First time you go and I'm not there to mock you.

    ;^)

    Have a blast, post pics!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Got-Bike!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    251
    Yep just Saturday this week. So I guess we welcome you to ride with us!
    ahh...the sound of my hub when I coast.

  12. #12
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Got-Bike!!
    Yep just Saturday this week. So I guess we welcome you to ride with us!
    Thanks, I'll try to "make do" :P

  13. #13
    Gravity's Gone
    Reputation: nankerphelge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Figures. I have to be at work this Sunday. First time you go and I'm not there to mock you.

    ;^)

    Have a blast, post pics!
    Figures. Oh well you'll be there in spirit if not in body my friend.

  14. #14
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    a typical day looks a lot like this





    ;^)

  15. #15
    Dinner for wolves
    Reputation: buddhak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    a typical day looks a lot like this


    In this case, a picture is truly worth 1,000 words. I love it.
    Responds to gravity

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amysue135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    A bunch of us are hitting it this Sunday. All are welcome!

    Did you guys end up going on Sunday? If so, how did the weather play out?

  17. #17
    Gravity's Gone
    Reputation: nankerphelge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by amysue135
    Did you guys end up going on Sunday? If so, how did the weather play out?
    Naw, we blew it off due to impending bad weather. Hoping to hit it this weekend or next.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    a typical day looks a lot like this

    curious what you used for the data. my two gps units shows Diablow at 820' of vert

  19. #19
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by deadatbirth
    curious what you used for the data. my two gps units shows Diablow at 820' of vert
    I use a Garmin Edge 705. Fits in my pocket - which probably affects the reading of its barometic altimeter in some way.

    By "820' of vert" to you mean a max-alt of that or a difference of altitude from base to crest. I assume the latter.

    My gps shows the base @ 523' and the crest at @ 1369' - but if you look closely the peaks are not identical over the whole graph even though the top of the gondola doesn't change locations. BUT, that comes out to a difference pretty close to the 820' of vertical that you quote.

    FWIW, the USGS topo mapping shows the crest over 1400'.


  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amysue135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    Naw, we blew it off due to impending bad weather. Hoping to hit it this weekend or next.
    We're planning on being there on Saturday.. Maybe we'll see you there. We've got a road ride planned for Sunday already. (hopefully the weather cooperates)

  21. #21
    trail addict
    Reputation: Uncle Six Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by amysue135
    We're planning on being there on Saturday.. Maybe we'll see you there. We've got a road ride planned for Sunday already. (hopefully the weather cooperates)
    I am hoping to head for Diablo from Bloomsburg at around 6:30 tomorrow morning.... but I think my bud is bailing on me....
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amysue135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    I am hoping to head for Diablo from Bloomsburg at around 6:30 tomorrow morning.... but I think my bud is bailing on me....

    I'll be the one on the pink Ironhorse Sunday! Hope you're able to make it.. what a fun place to ride!

  23. #23
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Six Pack, did you make it? I hope so. We three got out and had a good time until the rain came in around 2pm. We bailed then.

    But we had a good time first.







    Even Amy's bike had a great time!


  24. #24
    trail addict
    Reputation: Uncle Six Pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Six Pack, did you make it? I hope so. We three got out and had a good time until the rain came in around 2pm. We bailed then.

    But we had a good time first.
    No... I was up at 6:15 getting ready and just thought if I get hurt out there, I am well over 2 hours from home, wife at work and babysitter with the kid.... just didn't feel right. That 2:00 rain would have really ticked me off, so it's just as well I guess.

    The other thing weighing my decision was that I might get down to Spring Mt next weekend.

    Glad to see you guys had fun.

    Any plans to hit Plattekill or Seven Springs over the summer?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

  25. #25
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    No... I was up at 6:15 getting ready and just thought if I get hurt out there, I am well over 2 hours from home, wife at work and babysitter with the kid.... just didn't feel right. That 2:00 rain would have really ticked me off, so it's just as well I guess.

    The other thing weighing my decision was that I might get down to Spring Mt next weekend.

    Glad to see you guys had fun.

    Any plans to hit Plattekill or Seven Springs over the summer?
    Reasonable. If you end up riding with us though I'm sure we'll do out best to get you home in Case Of Events. If you have a mobile phone then shoot me a PM with your info (and whether you text-message or just use voice) and I'll reflect, would make it easier to connect in the future.

    The 2pm thing didn't fuss us much, but then we took the leap and have season passes so it's not like we're not going to see the place a bunch more.

    I'm sure Plattekill will happen sometime, probably late August or later.

    I'm very open to a special trip elsewhere too, haven't been to 7 Springs yet. Sometime I'm going to check out Spring too just out of curiosity if nothing else.

    Next weekend my wife and I are going to visit her parents in NH. Going to be 67 miles from Highland MTB Park. Yes, both bikes and all the req'd body armor *are* going and I have a day set aside already. ;^)

  26. #26
    Gravity's Gone
    Reputation: nankerphelge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,384
    Great to run into you guys there today - it'd been way too long. Mr.Jump - hope to run into you there next time - it's been way too long.

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4257.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4262.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4265.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4275.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4312.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4321.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4337.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4353.jpg

    Got-Bike! says "Get yo' butt to Diablo!"-sany4365.jpg

  27. #27
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge View Post
    ... it'd been way too long. Mr.Jump - hope to run into you there next time - it's been way too long.
    Yep!

    Looking forward to my next DH day big-time!

    I've an index finger that has a Mission!

  28. #28
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,996
    Seems like Amysue can't keep ANY of here wheels on the ground (pic from Dave) ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amysue135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Seems like Amysue can't keep ANY of here wheels on the ground (pic from Dave) ...
    Why keep them on the ground when it's so much fun in the air!?!? lol..

    by the way, look at that awesome hot pink Rich Adams frame!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.