Good Rides close too quakertown?- Mtbr.com

Feb 2006

Good Rides close too quakertown?

Hey guys-

I've been riding wiss. a lot because I go too TempleU, but I am looking for decent rides in the sellersville/ perkaise/ quakertown area.

In the summer I think I'l be back home so I wanted to check some stuff out instead of driving to wiss.

I just switched from an '05 Ironhorse Outlaw(200 dollar cheepy) too a half decent '05 Chimp. The chimp is nice, and I got a good price for it. I like too do some XC and wouldnt mind getting into drops and stunts so long as they arnt insanely big.

I heard a little about the "back side" of spring mountain.. but thats all i know. also- i guess there is some stuff in allentown, but that is about a 45min drive.. wouldnt mind somehting closer.

If anyone has some good ideas- shout 'em out- PM too.

by the way- I tried to ride the quarry ride and that was a bust. the trail was very poor and destroyed by 4wheelers it looked, and the branch creek perkaise trails are EXTREMELY muddy I was cleaning both bikes for a few hours after that...

Thanks a bunch,

Dave.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You are not far from Green lane. It is a nice place to ride but not technical like the Wis (which is not that technical anymore really). The trail reviews have info on how to get there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Check out the trails at Bear Creek, I've heard good things about them and not so good things about Spring Mt.

VMB

Bear Creek

Just an FYI, the trails at BC are closed until the ski/snowboard season is over. I know that they are probably wrapping things up for their winter activities and will soon resume biking on their trails. Check on thier website to find out when you can start riding.

Dec 2004

green lane

I second green lane. Been riding there for about a year and always have a great time

Suburban Redneck
    Tell me more about G-Lane. Thinking of checking it out this coming Saturday. Not feeling quite ready for the Wiss yet, as I haven't lost my winter "hibernation" weight yet. Will this be a good casual warm up type of riding?

Aug 2005

Bear Creek open

As of today, BC is open and ready to ride. Very technical and rocky.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1
    As of today, BC is open and ready to ride. Very technical and rocky.
    that's good to know. i've only ridden BC once, last year just before the MASS race, and enjoyed it very much. what i didn't enjoy was the fact that the trails were still wet from prior rain. those wooden bridges are like ice in those conditions.

Members who have read this thread: 0