Good 20 mile loop at Raystown / Allegrippis?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Good 20 mile loop at Raystown / Allegrippis?

Hello All,

I am looking for a good 20-ish mile loop at the Allegrippis trails at Raystown that hits all the highlights of the Trails. I've got 4 or so hours to spend this sunday. I'll be parking in the Northern of the Two trailheads, the one at which Stony and Buck start. I've been here before but didn't have quite enough time to spend so I really want to make sure I get as much of the good stuff as possible.

Thanks!

-DS
    2011 Trek Rumblefish II

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A solid 20 mile loop would pretty much be the entire east section of trails. A route that sends you in my preferred direction would be - from the Bakers Hollow trailhead: Buck - Fawn - Osprey - Hydro CCW - Eagle - (add Sleek Dog CCW for extra mileage) - Doe - Buck - Allie - Grippis - Ridge - Ray's Revenge - Loco Motion - Red Legs or Grippis - Allie - Buck - back at trailhead. This should be around 20-22 miles, and take 1.75-2.5 hours depending on pace, breaks, map checks. Add an out and back on Stony Trail for an extra 4 miles if you've got the time and legs.

Trails should be in great shape on Sunday. It's been lightly raining this morning. Rain will help tack up the trails some as it's been quite dry lately. I plan on hitting Raystown later on Sunday myself. Have a good ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Thanks for the tip!! We ended up riding Buck - Allie - Grippis - Ridge - Rays Revenge - Sidewinder - Hydro Loop CCW - Eagle - Switch - Sleek Dog CCW - Switch - Fawn- Buck and then did an out-and-back on Stony, finishing with 22 miles in about 4-4.5 hours with a stop for lunch in the middle. What a day!!!

-DS
    2011 Trek Rumblefish II

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Good to hear. I had good ride as well. Bit chilly for mid September, even with starting at noon, but warmed up nicely by mid ride. Stayed on the east side. Did almost everything. Rode the elevated bridge/"boardwalk" on Fawn for the first time. Really nice. Helps in carrying speed through that section, and will really help come springtime wet conditions.