going to carnegie mellon next year! where to ride??- Mtbr.com

Apr 2004

going to carnegie mellon next year! where to ride??

so i'm going to start freshman year at carnegie mellon this coming fall. where are there places to ride around pittsburgh? i'm coming from new hampshire, so also let me know what kind of terrain i should expect. thanks!

mtbr member
    there are lots of places to ride in and around Pittsburgh. Frick park is really close to downtown and has some good trails. Boyce Park, Duff Park, and Hartwood Acres are pretty close to pittsburgh as well. There is some really nice mtb'ing in the laurel highlands (about 1.5 hours outside pgh). The Laurel Mountain Ski Resort/Linn Runn State Park area is awesome, Seven Springs Resort is in the same area and also has some good riding available.

The terrain is typical appalachian terrain. lots of hills, rocks, roots, then more hills.

http://www.pittsburghmountainbiking.com/
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    you will be a couple miles from a place called Frick Park. rumor has it that it was named either the best urban trails in the u.s. or one of them. lots of fun semi-technical single track. what kind of riding do are you looking for? there is some decent street (aka "urban") riding right around cmu.

look up 'porc'. its a local riding club that organizes rides all throughout the area.

welcome to the 'burgh

mtbr member
    Join the email list at www.porcmtbclub.org

Members who have read this thread: 0