GMOB - Criteria to join group?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

GMOB - Criteria to join group?

Hello everyone. I saw mention of the GMOB group for facebook, and I've clicked to join the group twice and, I'm guessing, was declined.

I'm new to the area, and even more new to Mountain Biking (just got my first rig). So, I was trying to meet some people that I could maybe ride with on occasion, or learn from, etc.

Thanks!

Michael

bigger than you.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I am a member of GMOB, live in Plum, PA and am fairly new to riding myself. Just started in June of this year. I ride Boyce Park mostly, but have ridden a small Murrysville park called Pleasant Valley, and made the trek to North Park for some longer rides (and falls). They should approve you, but I will mention it to them as well. I know they were out on a camping trip this weekend. I actually met them on the trail one day and ended up riding with them. They tend to ride and then hit the bar for a sip or two. Hit me up at [email protected]. I don't have a ton of time to ride, but like to get out as much as possible.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Becomer,

Thanks for the reply. I might not have even been getting declined, I'm not entirely sure how those FB groups work, as every one I've ever joined, the admin was waiting to accept. Maybe it goes from "pending" to "join group" after a certain amount of time.

I'd love to meet with some people that have been riding a while, and/or have more experience than I do. Since June is considerably more experience than I have, which is none.

I'm pretty much only able to ride on weekends, but the occasional weekday would work as well. I'm just really eager to get out and learn, as well as meet some nice folks that like to ride.

Mike