Geisinger Trails- Mtbr.com

Jul 2009

Geisinger Trails

I have ridden the Geisinger Trails in Danville a few times now and will be back often; they are great trails. Does anyone know who maintains the trails. I am interested in helping and possibly improving a few areas. If so please let me know.

mtbr member
    I see no responses. I have tried to find this info out before as well as it seems like there is a lot of area where new trails could be added. i would like to see a section with some northshore style to it and maybe a few minor drops as that would add a little to the trail....just my opinion anyways.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire
    I see no responses. I have tried to find this info out before as well as it seems like there is a lot of area where new trails could be added. i would like to see a section with some northshore style to it and maybe a few minor drops as that would add a little to the trail....just my opinion anyways.
    The last time somebody tried that they were told to take it down. A lot of us would love to see more freeride stunts out there and more miles of trails, but we need to keep the landowners happy to keep our privilege of riding there.

To the OP: there are a group of guys who are loosely organized who take care of some spring clean-up and storm damage. Once or twice a year they get an IMBA-type guy to come in for "improvements" and it is a good time to volunteer some labor. I missed it earlier this year, but last year was pretty good.

Best thing is, try to encourage anyone riding with you to avoid taking short-cuts or skidding. There are a lot of miles of trails out there, lots of steep grades, and access to do work isn't always so easy. You can see some of the places where erosion has become a problem-if we can slow it down or stop it, some of those places can be sustained.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Uncle, sorry I didn't want to give the impression that I would go out there and just build without the permission of others. I would not do that, just think it would be nice if we did have the ability to add to the trails that are there.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire
    Uncle, sorry I didn't want to give the impression that I would go out there and just build without the permission of others. I would not do that, just think it would be nice if we did have the ability to add to the trails that are there.
    Oh, no, I did not mean an accusing tone.

I agree that it would be nice to have more variety and more man-made stuff, but I have seen stuff that people were told to take down... it's a real bummer. On the other hand, there are some natural stunts that have been incorporated into some trails that you'd never even know about if you were standing 5 feet away.

Have you been to Hess Field Park yet? It isn't too big, but it looks like they got the go-ahead to build some obstacles there. It has some fun stuff and more is promised to follow from what I understand.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    I have not been to Hess yet but hope to get there soon, maybe this weekend just to fool around for a little while.

Members who have read this thread: 0