Funny...no Pens fans chirping this time...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586

    Funny...no Pens fans chirping this time...

    Last time the Flyers played the Pens, there was a thread that got hijacked into a Pens trash talk thread, including some really piss poor photoshop work featuring "Gino". Guess that's not possible, since he is now invisible...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    92
    philadelphia

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29
    How many Stanley Cup's have you won in the past 30 years.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    You got me, there. That would be the same number the Pens will win this year...

    After watching game 3, you have more guts posting a response than the Pens players do.
    That was a sad display...Laviolette was on point with his "gutless" comment after the least regular season game, except it applies to the whole team.
    Taking cheap shots and getting dumb penalties in the playoffs is a sure sign that they are already thinking about their next golf outing. They are DONE.
    Pulling hair? Really?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    You got me, there. That would be the same number the Pens will win this year...

    After watching game 3, you have more guts posting a response than the Pens players do.
    That was a sad display...Laviolette was on point with his "gutless" comment after the least regular season game, except it applies to the whole team.
    Taking cheap shots and getting dumb penalties in the playoffs is a sure sign that they are already thinking about their next golf outing. They are DONE.
    Pulling hair? Really?
    I agree a 100%. What a bunch of b1tchs

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    117
    I am originally from the Philly area, lived there for 21 years and moved to Pittsburgh in 2000. I couldn't stand the flyers then and I can't stand them now. If you go back and watch the replay of Craig Adams and Hartnell, Hartnell had him in a headlock and Adams was going for the shoulder pad. Adams is not a cheap player nor has he ever been.. Asham on the other hand. Suspend him.
    Though I don't expect you to know this since you just got on the bandwagon.
    EDIT: Let's go Pens!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by 94M400 View Post
    I am originally from the Philly area, lived there for 21 years and moved to Pittsburgh in 2000. I couldn't stand the flyers then and I can't stand them now. If you go back and watch the replay of Craig Adams and Hartnell, Hartnell had him in a headlock and Adams was going for the shoulder pad. Adams is not a cheap player nor has he ever been.. Asham on the other hand. Suspend him.
    Though I don't expect you to know this since you just got on the bandwagon.
    EDIT: Let's go Pens!
    Bandwagon? I've been a flyers fan since before you were wiping your own ass.

    From your little time table, I am guessing you jumped on the Lemeiux bandwagon when you started following hockey...you're also probably a Cowboys fan.
    Are you really proud of your team now? It's not just Flyers fans who are calling the Pens out for what they are...Tortarella (sp?) and Laviolette should get their fines back, since they were dead right about them.

    Incidently, I am from Philly, moved to Pittsburgh for 8 years (Pitt grad) and moved back in 2002...I miss the days when I could roll out my backdoor and be on Frick Park single track in 2 minutes.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    122
    This has me wondering if there's a trash talk dedicated thread for Pitt and Philly fans to brag and bash each other's local trails.

    I missed where Cindy Crosby got in a fight w/Giroux... why would he do that... but I did see Chen level someone on the penns and then get cross checked in the face by Asham. Wtf was that about?

    I'm not much of a sports radio listener, but it's great hearing Chris Therien call Crosby a little girl over and over again.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Enough with the hair pulling bs. Call it like it is. They were in a fight, he had half a handful of jersey...and unfortunately another half of Hartnell's girlie curls. I'm sure it wasn't intentional and if Hartnell would have thrown down like Adam's instead of holding him up against the boards, Adam's would have had punched him in his annoying face.

    However, I do hope Asham and Neal get fines and a few game suspension. Nothing sadder than seeing your team turn into the Flyers right before your eyes.

    Oh, also so funny how Simmonds (with a black eye from Engelland) only starts mouthing off after Engelland leaves the game. Deryk will see you Wednesday night!

    Oh and hey Timonen, think twice again before you throw down with Letang, wow what a beating you took.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by tiguan View Post
    Enough with the hair pulling bs. Call it like it is. They were in a fight, he had half a handful of jersey...and unfortunately another half of Hartnell's girlie curls. I'm sure it wasn't intentional and if Hartnell would have thrown down like Adam's instead of holding him up against the boards, Adam's would have had punched him in his annoying face.

    However, I do hope Asham and Neal get fines and a few game suspension. Nothing sadder than seeing your team turn into the Flyers right before your eyes.

    Oh, also so funny how Simmonds (with a black eye from Engelland) only starts mouthing off after Engelland leaves the game. Deryk will see you Wednesday night!

    Oh and hey Timonen, think twice again before you throw down with Letang, wow what a beating you took.
    Did you watch the same game?
    I know it's hard to take...favored to win the cup, and most likely not going to win a game. Go ride your bike, you'll feel better.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    Did you watch the same game?
    I know it's hard to take...favored to win the cup, and most likely not going to win a game. Go ride your bike, you'll feel better.
    Which part is wrong?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    92
    What it comes down to is Pittsburgh sucks and philadelphia is awesome.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29
    Philly fans sure are proud of almost getting out of the first round. What difference does it make if you lose in the first round or Cup finals? Crosby and Malkin have already proven to be champions. They may not win this year but I am confident they will win again. Flyers have won nothing significant in over 35 years.

    When did Flyers fans turn into a bunch of wimps crying about rough play. It's hockey that's what teams do when they get behind. If it were your team I'm sure you would be playing a different tune. Doesn't everyone in Philly idolize the "Broad Street Bullies" how do you think they got their name?

    Suck it. Win the cup then you can talk.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    13
    What we learned: Flyers fans don't like it when the flyers are out-flyered by another team.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    How quickly they forget. At least Adam's didn't try to bite his finger off.


  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    I was posting about this year's playoffs...let's stay on point.

    If you follow any of the national hockey coverage, it's not just Flyers fans who are calling out the Pens for what they are. They won't be winning another cup anytime soon.
    On the other hand, the Flyers are spanking them with 6 rookies, and two of their better players out (JVR and Mazzaros).

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29
    I was posting about this year's playoffs...let's stay on point.
    Typical Flyers fan, in a discussion about whose team is better, they only want to include the games they have won in the argument.

    I bet you were the kid on the play ground that took his ball home when he wasn't winning.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Even Lemeiux is ashamed and disgusted...that says it all.

  19. #19
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,625
    For crying out loud no one in Pittsburgh is happy about the way the team has played or how they acted game 3. Happy now?
    No moss...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jsg04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    After watching game 3, you have more guts posting a response than the Pens players do.
    That was a sad display...Laviolette was on point with his "gutless" comment after the least regular season game, except it applies to the whole team.
    Taking cheap shots and getting dumb penalties in the playoffs is a sure sign that they are already thinking about their next golf outing. They are DONE.
    Pulling hair? Really?
    Gutless like Zach Rinaldo last night? That is who Laviolette puts out after the 9th goal. I thought the Flyers said they were above that stuff. See you boys in Game 5.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Gotta love Flyers fans, booing their own goaltender as he gets pulled. He only gave you guys 3 straight wins and you will most likely need him to be at his best from here on out and you boo him off the ice. Funny stuff. What? No flyers fans chirping?

  22. #22
    S&G CREW
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    267
    Pens fans ain't been to happy with how they acted but I'm glad they jacked them up a little philly only been playing that way 4 last 40yrs.And 10 goals last night phillys on the doorstep of winning a cup lol in your dreams philly fans.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    .I miss the days when I could roll out my backdoor and be on Frick Park single track in 2 minutes.

    Well, you can live vicariously through me if you want, because I've been that close to Frick Park for nearly 5 years.

    I moved to Pittsburgh in late November of 2006. I've been a life long Edmonton Oilers fan. Because of that, I've been a life long Gretzky fan, and would be a hypocrite if I said I was a Lemieux fan, although I have a lot of respect for him and his career.

    One thing I will say since moving to Pittsburgh: I played hockey myself from age 12-21, and played up to Junior B level. I'm still an avid hockey, soccer, and baseball fan. Pittsburgh tends to take it's sports teams, particularly the Steelers, WAY to seriously. And this comes from someone with the background I just mentioned, along with being an avid cyclist and runner.

    Although I respect Sid Crosby's career and accomplishments, this whole drawn out deal with the time off was a joke. He's done nothing but put a huge target on his back, and he's paid for that in this series.

    With all this in mind, the picture on the front of the Philadelphia Daily News yesterday was so tasteless and classless, I can't even put it in to words. I'm the first person to be critical of Pittsburgh sports fans, but you would never see anything like that in any official Pittsburgh news agency. Philadelphia, more specifically the Flyers, and it's fans, have just as bad of a name as anyone else. Between that newspapaer cover and the ridiculous, childish shirts, there was a huge statement made.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by tiguan View Post
    Gotta love Flyers fans, booing their own goaltender as he gets pulled. He only gave you guys 3 straight wins and you will most likely need him to be at his best from here on out and you boo him off the ice. Funny stuff. What? No flyers fans chirping?
    The goalie has been a sore point since Hextall. Bryz has been mind numbing this season...he's been terrible, he's been unbeatable. The only consistent thing has been he's a nut case. ( I was quite entertained by the bear costumes at Consol. )
    It is the one off season move I didn't like...the goalie they should have signed is sitting on the bench in Washington - Tomas Vocoun.

    I think they should go with Leighton.

    I also think Bylsma calling a time out in the 3rd, up by 7 goals is something he might regret.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jsg04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xzpndHtdl9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by jsg04 View Post
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xzpndHtdl9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "I'm listening to the FOOKING SONG!!!"

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15
    bears in the woods are in pittsburgh

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15
    game 6 coming up

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Chirp! Chirp!

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    106
    CHIRP CHIRP !! Philly fans getting nervous yet.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    you were saying? you thought that gutless team was coming back? please.


    hey, thanks for playing.
    enjoy the summer off.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    92
    hahahahahaha pittsburgh what?

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jsg04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    Hey did you guys see the Pen's PK wondering the streets of Philly in a drunken haze after the series?

    That 4th goal by the little midget was a complete back breaker.

    Well now my playoff focus becomes "Anybody but the Flyers"

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: reformed roadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by jsg04 View Post
    Hey did you guys see the Pen's PK wondering the streets of Philly in a drunken haze after the series?

    That 4th goal by the little midget was a complete back breaker.

    Well now my playoff focus becomes "Anybody but the Flyers"
    He's 5'10"...and he has more goals than Crosby did in the last two games.

    Seems Cindy is the one who came up small.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: guitarmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    217
    How about them Devils!!!

  36. #36
    S&G CREW
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    267
    I'm lovin it lol.Hey flyers fans who cried after those dirty hits yep your team the team who also seems to dish them out also.No class what so ever I guess no stanley cup in over 35 yrs brings that out in a team lol.

  37. #37
    S&G CREW
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    267
    Question for the flyer fans how many wins does it take to win the stanley cup?Here's a clue you need more then one hand to count that high.Hey that's great u beat the pens but there is a bigger prize to be had glad the pens helped you lose site of that.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jsg04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25
    1975! 1975! 1975! 1975! 1975!

    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iNkSbK182Ro?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.