French Creek Trailwork......your help is needed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

French Creek Trailwork......your help is needed

jay from the Mid-Atlantic Series is doing trailwork on the 16th. Sounds like they need riders to show the park the support it needs. contact jay at his email below

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:19:44 EDT
    Subject: Re: Final trail Maint day at French Creek

Everyone,
    October 16th is the final trail maintenance day at French Creek..
    The last two trail days only had 5 people show up (NOT GOOD) for us as bikers
    !!!
    With turn outs like this, the park is questioning weather we want to continue
    to use the park!!!!!! Meet at Hopewell parking lot at 9 am...
    Please help Jay

[This message contained attachments]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamo
    jay from the Mid-Atlantic Series is doing trailwork on the 16th. Sounds like they need riders to show the park the support it needs. contact jay at his email below

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:19:44 EDT
    Subject: Re: Final trail Maint day at French Creek

Everyone,
    October 16th is the final trail maintenance day at French Creek..
    The last two trail days only had 5 people show up (NOT GOOD) for us as bikers
    !!!
    With turn outs like this, the park is questioning weather we want to continue
    to use the park!!!!!! Meet at Hopewell parking lot at 9 am...
    Please help Jay

[This message contained attachments]
    That would be 3 guys that showed up... Jay, myself and one other guy. It is really disheartening to see how few people are showing up for maintenance

Guys this is your chance to fix some of the overgrown (roses and assorted briars) and washed out (or otherwise messed up) trails up at French Creek. It is not difficult only take a couple hours and is a enjoyable morning (chatting with fellow MTB'ers) I also go out for a ride (with a few others) after, and anyone who wants to can join us (moderate (8mph+-) pace)

So.... if you haven't come out before, do so now (we need a good turnout this time) I can guarantee (my personal guarantee, whatever that is worth;-) you will have a good time doing something worthwhile (while demonstrating that mountain-bikers are THE most conscientious trail users out there)

This is happening this coming Sunday (the 16th).
    Last edited by Grumpy; 10-12-2005 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Count me in

I've got a bunch of stuff that I need to do this weekend, but I really hate that vague sense of guilt I get when I ride on nice trails and think, "Man I should do some trail maintenance..."

Count me in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    my gas hog can't get me there, but you've got my support for fighting the good fight in the commonwealth.

i used to have the same situation here, trailwork days with half a dozen people. keep hammering away at it, we get about 25 people for trailwork through the summer now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardTail610
    I've got a bunch of stuff that I need to do this weekend, but I really hate that vague sense of guilt I get when I ride on nice trails and think, "Man I should do some trail maintenance..."

Count me in.
    Glad to hear it It looks like we'll have a nice day (cool and sunny). I am pushing (and dragging;-) everyone I know who rides there to show.

mtbr member
    Why do thies things allwas happen when im working? Down side of working at a bike shop i guess.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    yeah, working the shop kinda sucks. i spent most of the day today wishing i were out enjoying it.

Members who have read this thread: 0