French Creek or Blue Marsh for sunday?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

French Creek or Blue Marsh for sunday?

So i finally made it here and im dying to go mountain bike. We got allot of rain in Norristown last night. How is French Creek or Blue Marsh looking for tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I went to BM this morning and was planning on doing a 20 mile loop untill I was cut short about 17 1/2 miles after I flew down a hill and lost control(because of a deeply pitted trail) and slid about 30 feet on the wet grass. Ouch I will be paying for that for awhile. I am in sad shape. Anyway the trails at BM were def. fine to ride this morning and they will only be better tomorrow. I would bet that FC is the same. We had alot of dry weather for a couple of weeks which helped to dry everything up and the rain that we did get only helped to keep the dust down. Have fun and watch out for those deeply rutted trails. I feel like a [email protected]#*!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I was at blue marsh last week and it was nice and dry. I'm sure even with the rain it will be ok.

I also crashed at BM. I was coming down a hill by the visitors center along a line of telephone poles with a right angle right turn onto a man made berm. About 2/3rds of the way down I went over the bars. Not exactly sure what all happened to cause that but I was going pretty fast down that section and it does have some rutting. Anyway I taco'd my front wheel and got some trail rash and bruises. Thankfully I landed on my ass and not anything else. I'm fine the bike's fine other than the wheel, and once I build another wheel I'll be out there again.

The weather has been GREAT so far and tomorrow looks to be a beautiful day for a BM ride. I would love to go but the wheel needs building first. Good luck! Let us know how either place is.

mtbr member
    Cool thanks guys. Its looking like I'm going to hit french creek just because its closer today.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    French Creek was fine yesterday (a little slick in spots, but not muddy). It's probably perfect today.

mtbr member
    French Creek was perfect today. OMG i have missed that place. I have to say im vary surprised by just how easy it was to ride there now. I'm so use to grinding out 10 mile climbs that i was nothing to climb every thing in the park. Now i cant wait to ride Blue Marsh and the wiss and see how they are.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You should ride up here at antietam! Its awesome! Its halfway between BM and FC. Its the mountain with the Pagoda and the firetower on the top. The backside of the mountain is where we ride. ( the side away from Reading) Trust me when I say there is some awesome riding to be had there. Me and my buds are usually there on Sat. mornings starting in Antitam parking lot at 7:00 AM. Of course I may need some time to recoup after my spill at BM.

mtbr member
    O yea what kind of riding is it? L ast I had herd it was mostly free ride trails there. I only have my race hardtail with me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was up at FC Saturday, got about 3 miles in, smacked a huge rock, went to put my left foot down and there was nothing there! I sheered off my crank at the bottom bracket. I took the bike right over to JB's for repair, and should have back mid week. Luckily I switched back to platform pedals or my foot may still be in the park. Luckily it was pretty much all down hill back to the car too. I was having sooo much fun. Had to take the road bike out instead but that was OK.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    No there is def more AM trail riding!!!There is also still some lovely Freeride stuff but the rocky technical singletrack is here. Awesome trails all over this mountain. Its def. something worth checking out.

Members who have read this thread: 0