Freerider just moved to pa (Phoenixville) Looking for good freeriding HELP- Mtbr.com

Jun 2009

Freerider just moved to pa (Phoenixville) Looking for good freeriding HELP

So i just moved here to PA (phoenixville) a solid freerider iam looking for some technical wood courses and some through the woods technical jumps drops all that good stuff. I really havent found anything close by just seeing if anyone here has any good ideas.

mtbr member
    there is some stuff pretty close. I've heard there are some DJ's behind the PHX high school. We ride DH in Reading at Mt. Penn.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    If you are good with a pick axe and shovel there are plenty of places to ride. I am kind of out of the freeride scene but I know there are plenty of people in PA putting the work into some super sweet trails.

mtbr member
    Yeah, basically there are more spots than you think. Get familiar with a few people, and do some digging, you'll be rewarded.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Call up Tray at Abington Wheel Wright and find out where they ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pamaxx
    So i just moved here to PA (phoenixville) a solid freerider iam looking for some technical wood courses and some through the woods technical jumps drops all that good stuff. I really havent found anything close by just seeing if anyone here has any good ideas.
    I'm from Phoenixville, but I'm more of an XC/trail rider. But I'm looking for people who wanna ride more than one day a week. I live near produce junction. I'd love to get into freeride but I dont think my bikes are up to the task. Got an extra?
    Trestle Bridge Racing

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yes man, your in the right place. Antidam/Mt. Penn has all the freeride/dh trails bro. I ride all mt and light freeride. Do you have a trail bike that you can take I can show you all the trails if you want I ride there twice a week. Lots of jumps drops up and overs gap jumps technical trails you name it you got it your pretty close to. I live in Sinking Spring so if you want to ride let me know. I have a Trek Remedy 7 so I should be able to hang wit ya. Later bro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrower4g63
    I'm from Phoenixville, but I'm more of an XC/trail rider. But I'm looking for people who wanna ride more than one day a week. I live near produce junction. I'd love to get into freeride but I dont think my bikes are up to the task. Got an extra?
    Do you ride for Loweriders too? I'm on the Dh team. I don't think I've met any of the xc riders
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster
    Do you ride for Loweriders too? I'm on the Dh team. I don't think I've met any of the xc riders
    Yes I do. Have you been to any Wed. rides? I started on their Inline Skate team, but I'm getting a little too old for that. My body doesn't heal as fast. MTB is all the thrill with less than half the injury so I'm all about it. I didn't know we had a DH team... thats pretty sweet. I have 2 xc bikes right now but no DH. Their limited to 4 inches of travel. I'd like to expand my riding skills but at the moment I have an XC bike to get rid of before I buy any new bikes. Thats why I asked if anyone had an extra.
    Trestle Bridge Racing

mtbr member
    I haven't been on any of the wed night rides. they are usually marsh creek, right? You don't need Dh bikes to jump and have fun, it's all about the geometry. An xc bike will not cut it, the high bottom bracket really makes it sketchy. I mostly ride my transition double for FR and DJ, it only has 3.5".
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster
    I haven't been on any of the wed night rides. they are usually marsh creek, right? You don't need Dh bikes to jump and have fun, it's all about the geometry. An xc bike will not cut it, the high bottom bracket really makes it sketchy. I mostly ride my transition double for FR and DJ, it only has 3.5".
    Well that counts me out then... I only have XC frames. The wed. night ides are usually in Dtown the opposite side of 30 than Marsh creek.
    Trestle Bridge Racing

mtbr member
    I have some sick freeride trails out my way about west of Phoenixville. If anyone is interested I will be in downtown Phoenixville tomorrow night doing a fire show. Stop by and we can talk about it.

mtbr member
    I try to stay out of PHX on first friday, plus I have to prep for my fourth of july slip and slide extravaganza. I'd be down to check them out though.

You show me yours and I'll show mine.... no h0m0
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dredevil
    I have some sick freeride trails out my way about west of Phoenixville. If anyone is interested I will be in downtown Phoenixville tomorrow night doing a fire show. Stop by and we can talk about it.
    So you'll be around tommrow (Friday) night? I'll be working till about ten thirty. I heard there doing the fire works friday this year instead of satuday. How far west?
    Trestle Bridge Racing

mtbr member
    Yeah the fireworks are gonna be Friday. Maybe I will come out. We'll see.
    Team _________

Members who have read this thread: 0