Frame Painting- Mtbr.com

Thread: Frame Painting

mtbr member

Frame Painting

Does anyone know of a good place to have a frame painted here in PA? I have a Bontrager frame I'd like to have repainted but I'm not sure where to take it. Any ballpark figures on how much this might cost me would be great too. Thanks!

mtbr member

where in PA are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ndbike
    Does anyone know of a good place to have a frame painted here in PA? I have a Bontrager frame I'd like to have repainted but I'm not sure where to take it. Any ballpark figures on how much this might cost me would be great too. Thanks!
    prestige down in delaware are know for bike frames i dont have the card on me so you may need to 411 them. they charge about 100 dollars

also i am dropinga hardrock frame off to a local autobody shop in philly and he's charging 60 dollars

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I'm near Harrisburg, so something in central PA would be ideal, but I could travel to get it done for a good price. Let me know how the autobody shop does with your frame. I've been thinking about going that route out here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    yeah kieth i'd be interested to hear how the autobody shop does too!

60 bucks sound real good!

mtbr member

I will!

I still havent dropped it off yet so i'm guessing monday i will drop it off

mtbr member
    Hey BigKeith,
    Any word on how the frame painting at the auto body shop turned out? I still haven't done anything with my Bontrager but I think next week I'm going to start making a few calls. Let us know, I'm definitely curious.

mtbr member
    If you have not already got the painting doen, Nittany Powder Coating here in State college does a great job. About $100 for stripping and painting. The result is any color you want and paint that takes huge amounts of abuse before even scratching.
    Nittany Powder Coating (814) 353-4386

mtbr member

no go

Quote Originally Posted by ndbike
    Hey BigKeith,
    Any word on how the frame painting at the auto body shop turned out? I still haven't done anything with my Bontrager but I think next week I'm going to start making a few calls. Let us know, I'm definitely curious.
    turns out this guy is not realy reliable. and i already promised my wife that i would have hers painted as well. i'm stuck

Members who have read this thread: 0