Flowy Trails- Mtbr.com

Thread: Flowy Trails

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Flowy Trails

Hey guys I live near Marsh Creek park and I really liked it but I am looking for something a little bit more flowy. Any suggestions on where to go?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Swatara SP
    Jacobsburg SP
    Raystown
    Trexler Preserve
    Nockimixon SP
    White Clay SP
    Jakes Rocks
    Rays Indoor in Cleveland...LOL

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Marsh creek is one of, if not the most flowy places around. White Clay Creek and Nockamixon are very flowy as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Raystown is the most flowy place I've ridden. Its been described as a massive pump track...and parts of it feel that way!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    If you're exclusively talking SE Pennsylvania then Nockamixon should definitely make your list. Flowy, smooth, well-maintained.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Florence, Cady Hill, VT
    Kitchel's, Kingdom Trails, VT

If you're looking in PA area the selections above are all good. I think the DE trails might be easier to get to from your area than the others. Trexler used to be sweet, and will hopefully make it back. Raystown is as described above and worth a couple of days so you can learn the trails and then let it fly. Nox has some fun sections w well maintained berms and doubles but doesn't have much elevation change.
    If you've never been to the above in VT you owe it to yourself as an mtb rider to get there... I'm never so excited to climb as I am when lapping those two trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Swatara SP
    Jacobsburg SP
    Raystown
    Trexler Preserve
    Nockimixon SP
    White Clay SP
    Jakes Rocks
    Rays Indoor in Cleveland...LOL
    I don't think Jacobsberg is flowy at all but that's me. Great place for beginners. Nox is good. It's a shame. Trex was perfect before they ruined it. Shadow of it's former self. White Clay is near perfect.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glorth2 View Post
    I don't think Jacobsberg is flowy at all but that's me. Great place for beginners. Nox is good. It's a shame. Trex was perfect before they ruined it. Shadow of it's former self. White Clay is near perfect.
    I guess your right, I kinda stuck it in there due to it's smooth trail surface areas...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Rode 6 Mile in NJ yesterday with a friend from NJ. It's a bit further afield, but very smooth and flowy. Few technical sections, lots of twists/turns. JORBA and mtbnj both have sites about it with maps. Avoid if recent rain as it's a lot of clay.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Duplicate - mod please delete

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    Rays, White Clay, Wissahickon.

I think in SE PA Wiss is the most flowy place around. You have to work hard to get the flow, but it's there for sure. Nox has some flow sections, but they are not long enough or consistent enough for me to consider the whole place flowy.
    - 2013 Pivot Mach 429 C
    - 2010 Niner MCR
    - 2009 Cannondale Super Six HM
    - 2007 Santa Cruz Super Light

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Green Lane Park, but only the Red Trail region is flowy. That's still about 10 miles though.

mtbr member
    If the OP is looking for the closest flow to his location then White Clay is probably the best for flow and beginner friendly trails and miles of it. Its the first place I took my daughter for "real" mountain biking when she was 9 and it worked out great. She had a blast and it gives a beginner a way to build some confidence with out be frustrated from being in tough technical terrain. I think a lot of us forget what it was like and even a small rock garden, step up or even a short loose steep hill can be intimidating to a beginner. At the same time, an intermediate or advance rider can have a blast a white clay, trying to rail the turns and hit the stunts they have through out the system.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    white clay...

also if you like flow; in the winter head to wharton state forest in the pines (probably by far the most local flowy trail; but i leave it till winter cause lots of sand + ticks in the summer). no elevation but you are always turning and moving real fast.

fair hill also has good flow in sections.