Famous Reading Outdoors- Mtbr.com
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm Famous Reading Outdoors

Just a thought...

https://readingoutdoors.com/?gclid=E...SAAEgJouPD_BwE

This group makes it work with all users. Pretty good deal if ya ask me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Have you ridden there? Are the mtb trails any good? Is there single track dedicated to non-motorized use, or should you expect to be dodging mx, utv and other?

mtbr member
    Didn't even know they had mountain bike trails. My BIL takes his quads there and I know a few guys that take 4wds there. I can ask some people I know that know it very well though.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Friends have been moto on those trails for years. Lot's of party spots. A few deaths and even speculated body dumping.

It's cool to see some maps.

For now I'll keep my bike off of them but watch and listen for conditions. "Some" 4X and moto guys are not nice to mountain bikers and I've experienced that first hand.

mtbr member
    So I asked someone that is in the know there and they said there are no mtn bike specific trails only moto type single track and majority of it is pretty rough for a mtn bike. BTW he said only roughly half of the single track trails are mapped so far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for the info Dirtride and Syclerist. Sounds like someplace not to add to the "want to ride" list.
    Happy new year to both.
    On a different note, I'm considering burning an old bike in offering to the gods to make it rain less or magically make our trails drain better. Any interest?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2006 View Post
    Thanks for the info Dirtride and Syclerist. Sounds like someplace not to add to the "want to ride" list.
    Happy new year to both.
    On a different note, I'm considering burning an old bike in offering to the gods to make it rain less or magically make our trails drain better. Any interest?
    20,000 acreas of fun, seems like a pretty good place. We have plenty of marked, singletrack here in Pa. This is an opportunity to see land you never saw before. They have different tracts of land.

It takes an open mind to access this type of place. I race/ride moto and mtb so I have many friends here. We have spent lots of time, and on long weekends riding all sorts of toys.

No one said its for everyone, if you like prepared singletrack that anyone can ride good for you. Some like the beaten old school tougher path.

And ya never know, might just be some mt bike trails here after all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have ridden this area on my atv several times and can honestly say I have never seen a person on a mountain bike. But that does not mean there are no trails that might pique someone's interest, as Lee said. It is a very vast area with something for everyone.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    I know its several land plots some which are very large. I haven't been there in years but once my new chassis is done I expect to be exploring a good bit there.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Its not say, that possibly if a mt bike group approached the Rich family they might consider mt bike trails. The mt bike races at Tamaqua was on their property years ago.

mtbr member
    Is that the race that was at Bungalow? I haven't been there in awhile, is that place still active?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Not so much.

mtbr member
    Bummer

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Bummer
    Ya it is a fun place! I wonder if DnA bikes has rides there?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    20,000 acreas of fun, seems like a pretty good place. We have plenty of marked, singletrack here in Pa. This is an opportunity to see land you never saw before. They have different tracts of land.

It takes an open mind to access this type of place. I race/ride moto and mtb so I have many friends here. We have spent lots of time, and on long weekends riding all sorts of toys.

No one said its for everyone, if you like prepared singletrack that anyone can ride good for you. Some like the beaten old school tougher path.

And ya never know, might just be some mt bike trails here after all.

I'm all in favor of new exploration, just not dodging those who think we're in their way and don't respect our rights and privileges to use lands.

Like I said earlier, I'll keep my eye on these lands to see how MTBing develops there.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes, I agree. No one wants to have a bad day anywhere. Its not like these lands are over run with vehicles mad max style. Everyone is enjoying thier sport, and from first hand I can tell you plenty of moto guys ride mtbs. My point is with 20,000 acres lots of room. Like others have said "no problems"

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am one of the moto guys that rides mtb's. When I am on my moto I don't run anyone over. When I am on my mtb on shared land I yield for moto guys as I can hear them coming usually before we can see each other. Pretty simple really.

Of course there are inconsiderate people that think they are the only one with rights on all sides unfortunately.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I have never had a problem, weather riding my fat bike on sno trails with sleds. I hear them, move over and wave, or with motos! Lottsa respect out there. But the same can be said of a mt biker whos climbing a hill and wont move for motos or quads. That will get ya roosted.
    We have shared trails at Hunlock Grove Association, everyone respects each other, if ya dont, your asked to leave the property. Its not a point of motos being the badass, more over its a single person who crys and cant respect others fun, which we have never had to date.
    I posted the opportunity for riders who might not know this exists, and have the chance to try it. Afterall it is something you join, so its not like you dont know motos, quads, and others will be using the trails at Reading. I do know joining will get ya many new friends, riding stories and land to use.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    The majority of my regular rides are adjoining FRO. I hit a bunch of SGL and water authority SGL cooperative land. It gets to be annoying to see FRO permitt riders on Schuylkill County Municipal Authority properties, they all have GPS rolling and know where they are. They even talk about it online and braaap up STRAVAs way out of bounds. I do think there are mtb rides to be had in part on FRO.
    Here in this part of the coal region you can find more old trails than most anywhere, at one time we had more rail line than anywhere on the planet. Stagecoach roads, fire roads, coal access big and small, water authority roads, old rail, quad trails and a Lenape path or two. And of course the power lines, especially cut down _mmm.
    On a side note, conditions tomorrow afternoon are likely smoooioth icy tarmac and I will not be seeing any motos.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk