ever ride Bear Creek.......well we are and your invited- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Idea! ever ride Bear Creek.......well we are and your invited

For the XC crowd, come ride with vmb at bear creek ski area. If you haven’t heard, this is a joint effort of VMB and Bear Creek ski area. After thanksgiving they will be closing the trails to focus on SNOW!!!! We will try and accommodate all types of riders. Here is the schedule:

1st loop: 10am-11am: hammer ride, pace: no brakes. If there’s enough of intermediate/beginner that know the loop than they will lead a group as well
    2nd loop: 11-12:30: all groups join to ride. Goal: no matter what your level is we’re all gonna ride together. If people want to go slower, we’lll adjust. If people want to go faster we’ll cut the cord. For those of you who hang the bikes up during the winter wait and ride with us just one more time.

Bottom line is we’re gonna bust chops, maybe even a gu may land on a seat

Date: 11/13
    time: 10-12:30
    Place: bear creek ski resort

Directions: www.skibearcreek.com 10 minutes from velodrome.

Terrain: technical singletrack with climbing and technical downhill.

Please make sure bikes are workin’ well.

No matter what your level, come out and give BC a try.

Joseph Transue
    Pres; Valley Mountain Bikers www.bikevmb.com
    Eastern PA IMBA Rep: www.imba.com
    Coalition for Appropriate Transportation: www.car-free.com
    610-533-0942
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

cool

I'm going to try to get a group from reading to come up

mtbr member
    awesome. we should have enough for all levels of riders(hoping)

Respect Your Trails
    Nice, I've been wanting to get up there.....and was actually thinking about this Sunday. After reading your post, I'm sold. I read in another post that the trails up there now actually have some smaller wood bridge, and teeter totters??? Urban legend or real deal?

I'm not a pure XC rider, more "aggresive xc" / freeride.. but still love the challenge of busting lungs and climbing to the top of any hill. Is there a decent variety of terrain up there including "downhill" type runs as well as singletrack? Thanks. Can't wait to get up there and check it out with some riders who know the area.

mtbr member
    the profile is like a triangle with the top cut off. There are no dedicated DH runs but i've seen DH bikes on their. They are usually top level riders that can get those rigs up the hill. Either way i don't think you'll be dissappointed. Look forward to seeing new faces and good ridin'.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    you be sure and have yourself some fun out there, Joe. i'm sure you'll be making a note of all the fun trails for me to ride, uh... sumetime.

mtbr member
    don, are all the cows tipped over up there in state college???? go ride your bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

pics from the ride

sorry you guys from reading couldn't make it. it was an absolute gorgeous day. the leaves left us guessing where the rocks would be!!! Here are some pics. Only 2 more weekends to ride there.

Respect Your Trails
    I got there around 10:45 and took off on the trail around 11. I was planning on meeting up for the 2nd loop, but I wanted to get a ride in before too long. That is a pretty good spin. Flying back down the mountain (aka hill) got a little iffy, especially with those leaves, like you said. But all the work going up was worth the trip down. I was digging the rideable boulders and small man-made features. I'll be sure to get back out there before they close off things to blow ice. Bummer I didn't get to meet up with everyone, but the invite was appreciated.

mtbr member
    we got started at 10:15 but with the leafy conditions and yappin' about bikes we didn't get back until 11:20. It was cool to see all the cars there though. Also we have a new trail in bethlehem which is about 2 hrs of mtn biker desinged and built singletrack if you want a tour just let me know.

pic below is from ray's indoor mtn bike park. We're going again this year in january!!!!!!!!!

Respect Your Trails
    Salisbury (sp.?) Is the new run you guys have built up there right?

Sunday I rolled through the parking lot back to my car and I think I saw the guy all the way to the left in the picture at the top of the hill. Driving a WRX? Not sure.... looks familiar.

Anyway, I'm always down for a new place to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamo
    we got started at 10:15 but with the leafy conditions and yappin' about bikes we didn't get back until 11:20. It was cool to see all the cars there though. Also we have a new trail in bethlehem which is about 2 hrs of mtn biker desinged and built singletrack if you want a tour just let me know.

pic below is from ray's indoor mtn bike park. We're going again this year in january!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    wheres this indoor mt. bike park at????

Hoopy Frood

Ray's Indoor Park

Quote Originally Posted by dd13
    wheres this indoor mt. bike park at????
    Scenic Cleveland, Ohio.

http://www.raysmtb.com/
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    thats place looks freakin awesome!!!!...christmas break is empty for me right now....

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    i'm so there! i might even have to dust off the chameleon.

let me know when you're going specifically, january will no doubt be slow at the shop.

mtbr member
    We're planning a trip there for 1/7/05. Probably a 2 day gig, b/c your whooped the first day and the second is the day to try all the stuff you practiced. I'm going to call ray today to plan an "IMBA Day"

Members who have read this thread: 0