Dirtrag Dirtfest 2019- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dirtrag Dirtfest 2019

Dates for the 2019 Dirtrag Dirtfest at Raystown have been announced: May 17, 18, & 19th

Registration for the actual festival doesn't begin til December 1, but you can currently make reservations at Seven Points Campground.

Don't wait too long; the campsite availability at Seven Points was just opened this morning and available sites are already dwindling fast.

Of the 6 campsite loops at Seven Points, MCAM loop and RCAM loop fill up first because of their convenient location to the trails. (We've stayed at MCAM and VCAM in the past and will be staying at MCAM again this year.)

Here's a vid I put together from last year. (I apologize about the image quality.)

https://youtu.be/249wWQyVU5U

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Officially Announced: Tickets for the actual 2019 festival go live December 1st.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Coal-Cracker; 11-30-2018 at 02:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    This is a great trail system, lets hope for no rain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tekin112000 View Post
    This is a great trail system, lets hope for no rain
    Yeah, I'd love a dry festival, but I make it a point to have fun no matter what Mother Nature brings.

mtbr member
    Any tent size restrictions for individual campers at Susquehannock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannyGearGnome View Post
    Any tent size restrictions for individual campers at Susquehannock?
    Sorry, I've only ever camped at 7 Points, so I can't answer that. Have you tried calling the event organizers?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Sorry, I've only ever camped at 7 Points, so I can't answer that. Have you tried calling the event organizers?
    Just bought a ticket and booked my site at the Meadows campground (part of seven points I think?)

I'm stoked, been wanting to go to this for years and just never worked out schedule wise. In the market for anew bike so coming up to demo some and check out the trail system for the first time.

How far is seven points to the main festival? I got the impression it's an easy ride but can you walk it like if you wanted to do the late night beers/music.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkenny View Post
    Just bought a ticket and booked my site at the Meadows campground (part of seven points I think?)

I'm stoked, been wanting to go to this for years and just never worked out schedule wise. In the market for anew bike so coming up to demo some and check out the trail system for the first time.

How far is seven points to the main festival? I got the impression it's an easy ride but can you walk it like if you wanted to do the late night beers/music.
    Yes, it's a relatively easy ride, though walking might be pushing it - especially in the dark.
    There is a shuttle running back and forth between the fest and 7 Points., I believe the shuttle runs until 10 pm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Yes, it's a relatively easy ride, though walking might be pushing it - especially in the dark.
    There is a shuttle running back and forth between the fest and 7 Points., I believe the shuttle runs until 10 pm.

Oh cool, thanks!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I haven't been back since I crashed hard in 2014. I'd love to get to this fest again. It was great when I was there other than the helicopter ride of course. I need to go back and show the Osprey trail who's boss!

Drink some for me friends. Have fun and be safe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetik View Post
    I haven't been back since I crashed hard in 2014. I'd love to get to this fest again. It was great when I was there other than the helicopter ride of course. I need to go back and show the Osprey trail who's boss!

Drink some for me friends. Have fun and be safe.
    I think I remember seeing your chopper ride out. Glad to see you've recovered.

I can't promise I'll be 'safe', but I will 'drink some' and 'have fun.'

mtbr member
    Wanted to recap...
    Probably the best Dirtfest that I've attended. The rain held off and the trails were absolutely perfect.
    Good stuff.
    Already looking forward to next year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Conditions were excellent, and it was good riding with friends again this year....but I think Dirtrag has jumped the shark on this event. The prices keep going up significantly each year, and it just isn't worth the $80 plus lodging to me at this point going forward. Wasn't it like half that two years ago? I didn't drink the free beer since they moved the music up to the expo this year. Didn't shuttle. Didn't demo...lots of big names missing this year (Trek, Yeti, Santa Cruz, etc). Cannondale pulled out a couple years ago due to the high fees charged for them to set up. So we pay $80 for the ability to demo, then Dirtrag turns around and charges thousands for a manufacturer to set up and allow us to demo their bikes? Then Dirtrag tells us they donate what amounts to a buck or two a head to the trails.

A lady came over and talked to us and told us they were assigned camping spaces at Susquehannock in and already full campsite, so they slept in their car in a parking lot instead. The entire event itself just felt "off" now without Evan running things. I am really torn on if I will go to WV this year now after what I saw at Raystown.

mtbr member
    First time attending Dirt Fest, had a great time!!

Trails were super fun, campground was nice (Stayed at Seven Points), all the people were friendly, weather great as others had mentioned.

I didn't even make it down to the concert either night but enjoyed chatting around the campfire with some other bikers.

Hopefully I can get back next year.