Dirt Jumps in PA- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Dirt Jumps in PA

Can anyone help me here?

I just moved to Gettysburg PA from Arlington VA and I am looking for help finding some dirt jump spots in PA. I am not really concerned about driving and I can help build too...just looking for areas to ride!

Thanks!
    - Joe

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    They exist. I'm not a dirt jumper so I can't comment, but you'll probably get some PM's from people who will hook you up.

[edit] I do know of some well known jumps at Wissihickon (the "bmx bowl"). I could give you exact GPS coordinates of the location if you are interested.

Nov 2004

more dirt jumps in Wiss

I'm not a dirt jumper either, but I stumbled across some recently built, sick looking jumps across Lincoln Drive from that little historical village at the intersection of Lincoln Drive and Rittenhouse Dr. If you cross Lincoln from the village side, there's an area of grass on the far side of Lincoln and Rittenhouse.

There's a couple of trails leading in. The one furthest to the right is wide at the start. A piece of singletrack cuts in to the left in 50 yards or so. Follow it up and keep going left/up. There's a few big jumps (some in a row) and one of those ridiculous wooden bridges that ends with a cliff-like drop.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Sweet thanks guys! If you could send me the cordinates to the Wissihickon trails that would be great!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Burgess
    I'm not a dirt jumper either, but I stumbled across some recently built, sick looking jumps across Lincoln Drive from that little historical village at the intersection of Lincoln Drive and Rittenhouse Dr. If you cross Lincoln from the village side, there's an area of grass on the far side of Lincoln and Rittenhouse.

There's a couple of trails leading in. The one furthest to the right is wide at the start. A piece of singletrack cuts in to the left in 50 yards or so. Follow it up and keep going left/up. There's a few big jumps (some in a row) and one of those ridiculous wooden bridges that ends with a cliff-like drop.
    I've been to the "bowl" but I'd like to check this spot out too. I've heard about it but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
    Team _________

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannondalerider
    Sweet thanks guys! If you could send me the cordinates to the Wissihickon trails that would be great!
    The "bowl" is located here:

N40.02242 W75.20178

mtbr member
    Anybody have coordinates for the other spot at wiss?
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Burgess

That spot looks like it hasn't been ridden in ages.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster
    Anybody have coordinates for the other spot at wiss?
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=&amp;daddr=40.02 9294,-75.188619&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;gl=us&amp;mra =mi&amp;mrsp=0&amp;sz=19&amp;sll=40.029241,-75.188493&amp;sspn=0.001099,0.00224&amp;ie=UTF8&am p;ll=40.029241,-75.188493&amp;spn=0.001099,0.00224&amp;output=embe d"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=&amp;daddr=40. 029294,-75.188619&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;gl=us&amp;mra =mi&amp;mrsp=0&amp;sz=19&amp;sll=40.029241,-75.188493&amp;sspn=0.001099,0.00224&amp;ie=UTF8&am p;ll=40.029241,-75.188493&amp;spn=0.001099,0.00224" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
    You head right on rittenhouse (according to the map) and there is a cut in to the woods on your right. The cut in near the traffic light leads you to trails which end up at the jumps, but the cut in closer to the Sunoco leads you to the dirt jumps.

I think this is the other section besides the bowl at the Wiss.

Nov 2004

not my sense

"That spot looks like it hasn't been ridden in ages."

To me it looked half built but under construction. The bridge thing in the picture looks new. The run out that you can see in the second pic (2 jumps to a left banked turn) ends in weeds, like they haven't finished that section. The singletrack in the area (which interested me more) was in really good shape.

Members who have read this thread: 0