Dirt Fest @ Raystown- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Dirt Fest @ Raystown

I'm looking to attend Dirt Fest this year for the first time. My girlfriend and I plan to show up early Saturday and camp into Sunday. We've camped at Susquehannock and ridden Allegrippis, so we're familiar with the area, but I'm wondering if anyone can offer any good tips as to the festival itself, especially the "Epic" ride scheduled for Saturday morning. Thanks!

VMB
    If you're planning on going you need to register here: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/14465 Camping is limited and you might not get a spot. There is no day of registration so showing up might not work??? The festival is pretty laid back. You don't necessarily follow any schedule if you don't want to.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks. We've already regsitered. Good to know it's laid back though. Can't wait to ride those trails again.

psycho cyclo addict
    I attended for the fist time last year and had a blast. Going back for more this year. My GF participated in a couple of ride clinics Sat and Sun morning. I just rode the trails with friends who had been there before. The vendor expo was great, free beer certainly did not hurt either. Might try the Sat 9 am epic ride if I am awake and alert then.

The trails we're one way last year which worked out well. I rode with one fella for a bit who came a couple years prior, pre uni-directional days. He wasted his jaw and face (reconstructo nose axxion) after a wreck involving others coming from the opposite direction.
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Does anyone know if the women's skill clinics are suitable for newbies? looking to get my wife into riding, and that might be a good opportunity for her.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    is registration still open for this?

VMB
    Quote Originally Posted by btotheen View Post
    is registration still open for this?
    I think it closed last night (Sunday the 13th)

psycho cyclo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ebow View Post
    Does anyone know if the women's skill clinics are suitable for newbies? looking to get my wife into riding, and that might be a good opportunity for her.
    My GF participated last year (and she will again this year too). There was a clinic Saturday that focused on basic skills for beginner/intermediate riders and then Sunday there was a chill group ride. She was definitely more of a beginner last year (had been riding an MTB for < 6 months).

This year it appears the girlie activities have expanded: there are 4 clinics listed on the web site (Fri 2:00, Sat 10:00 and 2:00 and Sun 10:00) and I'd guess they can gear them appropriately for different levels.

What bruise?
    Online reg closes Tuesday 5-15-12, 11:00 am EDT. bikereg.com. Search "dirtfest". Walk-in registration I think is a few dollars more.

mtbr member
    So how much is registration vs. walk-in?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    They closed camping registration already...my friends bailed and I wanted to do individual but no more.

Anybody know if there's another way to still get a spot? Some number to call?

Or does anyone have some room to spare at their group campsite...

I might just camp at Rothrock since I like the riding there more, and hit up Raystown for a day. Anyone that wants to join, let me know, I'll be rolling solo.

Members who have read this thread: 0