Diablo Closed!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Diablo Closed!!!

Last year we lost Vertical Earth at Blue Mountain now Diablo!
    Diablo Mountain Bike Park- Tickets & Passes

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrotherSoup View Post
    Last year we lost Vertical Earth at Blue Mountain now Diablo!
    Diablo Mountain Bike Park- Tickets & Passes
    This is very bad. I have been wanting to visit a few other parks, but not because my closer options were closing. Blue Mt was by far my closest and Diablo was second. With rising gas prices things are gonna be tough.

There were rumors going around about the future of Diablo for a while now and from what I can gather, Diablo is just the name of the business leasing rights to the bike park during the summer. Another company may come in and operate a bike park on the premises, and it just wouldn't be "Diablo" anymore. Not to downplay the influence Diablo management and staff had, but many do feel as if Diablo's glory days were several years back and not enough has been done in more recent years. For me the lift ticket was still worth it even if there were braking bumps, trail closures, or projects that were behind schedule.

I can't believe there is a chance I will never ride the Phantom Drop again... or Tempest or Dominion or the wooden kickers or........
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Nickel Havr
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack View Post
    Blue Mt was by far my closest and Diablo was second.
    Same here... Where are you from?

I might just be riding Seven Springs next summer....
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

I quit e-MTBR
    Bummer. Launch at Spring Mountain is still going strong.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckstream1 View Post
    Same here... Where are you from?

I might just be riding Seven Springs next summer....
    Bloomsburg, PA

And Old Man Bike is right about Launch-it is a great place to ride (but it just isn't Diablo or Blue-you know, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't)
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Chilling out
    Just means group road trips to other venues!

BUT, in my opinion, it would be silly for Mountain Creek to not have Something Positive happen - more and more across the continent the resorts are finding their summer operations more profitable than winter. Having essentially all the infrastructure and community already in place means that it is a MORE reasonable business decision to find a way to make it operate.

And there's time, relatively decent amounts of time, for them to do so before what would be the normal operating season opening.

Also, the past management of Diablo really "blew" - glad it's gone. I didn't have a bunch of personal brushes against it in bad ways, but enough.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I was really looking forward to making it out there this year really upset..

mtbr member
    That post on Diablo's page is from the professional scammer Shawn. The thanks god now former manager of Diablo. You can't believe anything he says about Mt. Creek! The park will be open! Just without him and his dou_chery! Creek is honoring the passes that were purchased. The original builder and the crew that actually cared will be running it. He can post whatever he wants. It's his website and FB page. I'm sure the crew will be putting up new info soon.
    ahh...the sound of my hub when I coast.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Really sad to lose trails anywhere...

...hope to see someone step up and restart Diablo!

mtbr member
    i have been waiting for a year to ride there . mini was going to finally take me cuz my skills are so much better !

mtbr member
    ahh...the sound of my hub when I coast.

mtbr member
    yea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Got-Bike!! View Post
    I hope this plays out well for us.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm not a FR or DH guy, but I've seen this kind of thing in business before. In my opinion a change of ownership usually means that the new ownership tries to spruce up the place and bring something new to the customers. Its kind of like when you buy a house, you start by repainting and cleaning up the yard. Anyway, I read the blurb from Mountain Creek and it sounds like their intentions are to invest. Simply, 2 parties couldn't come to terms. Its all $$$$. Good luck!