denton hill- Mtbr.com

Thread: denton hill

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008

denton hill

Taking the family this summer camping out that way and while i was there i was wondering if it would be worth it to check out the downhill stuff at denton hill.Anyone have any pics and also how much 4 a lift ticket?

Mar 2009
    clickety-click

this should help you out some. there is an e-mail link to park rangers for Lymans Run.

when are you going? they run at least four huge archery events there in June and July.
    archery shoots

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Not sure when im going yet maybe june,july.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Last year I went there when I was in the area. I had a great time but it certainly isn't a destination biking spot. If you're in the area you might as well check it out. When I went it was very empty which was cool.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Is it more of just a path down the ski trails or they have jumps and stunts or anything technical?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    There's some wooden things and a few small jumps and drops. Nothing too technical. There is some very steep singletrack. I could barely ride some sections but that was partly because of the rental bike's tires (this was before i got my Trek Session 7). You would probably be better off with a all-mountian or freeride bike; not a DH bike.

Now broadcasting from CO
    There are some pretty cool trails i that area if you get a map. One of my favs is called Pepper's trail.
    My one caveat:
    They run a 50mile endurance race out of the ski resort and it involves a lot of double track and dirt road to get to the few singletrack sections. I've heard there's more stuff but I've never ridden it. The DH stuff is pretty fun though...
    Brought to you by rocks.

Mar 2009
    The team training camp is good. Many people like to go there.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    thanks 4 the info ive ridden some of the xc stuff a few years back but that was before they started any kind of semi downhill stuff might give it a try.

trail addict
    Not to start an argument, but I talked to a guy last summer who talked me out of going. He said that if I liked Diablo, then i would be very disappointed with Denton. He said trails didn't flow, stunts were poorly laid out, lots of bad things to say. He told me to check it out if I really wanted to, but I would have more fun at Diablo even if every trail was closed except greenhorn and domboo.

Then again, I have heard from others that Denton is a lot of fun.

I wouldn't expect it to be Diablo or Snowshoe or Plattekill... I was thinking more like Wisp (Western MD), which isn't the best, but still a fun way to spend a day.

Does anyone else feel as if Denton isn't worth a trip (I live about 2 hrs away)?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Members who have read this thread: 0