danville riders- Mtbr.com

Thread: danville riders

mtbr member

danville riders

who maintains the trails behind geisinger? there is plenty of room for the addition of more trails and was curious if the public can build or add on to the trails there or if there is somebody we have to talk to first. i would also like to get a trail going on up there that has some bridges and what not on them. what do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Is there a map of some kind to determine what is there now? I've been riding them for months and I'm still finding new trails up there.
    If you can't go fast with a $500 bike, a $5000 bike won't help you.

mtbr member
    i have to say that their map system is not very good and not up to date either. i was there today and i started up the fireroad like always and then i rode the blue trail i think but i also found another trail that was not marked and it was a great trail. there are son many off branches that they need to document on the maps. wish they would update their map and put more maps on the trails.

the trails were in great condition tho. a little wet but were real nice. it was my 1st time riding there this season. i hope to get their atleast once every 2 weeks.

not sure of you seen this before or not but this is a map of the race they have every year

http://www.tourdetykes.com/images/Td...oop%202004.jpg

i really don't think there is any north shore type riding up there but there is so much room there it would be nice to buils a could bridges or something. i'm just not sure who we would have to go thru to get permission or whatever

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thats what I mean....I've seen some maps, but I am always finding more trails up there. There seems to be a very large network of trails that are not marked, and I'm always finding more. I think it would be cool to somehow get what's there mapped....
    If you can't go fast with a $500 bike, a $5000 bike won't help you.

Ex-Clydesdale
    Anybody know of any group rides that take place at regular times or anything? I'm over in Selinsgrove.

mtbr member
    not sure of exact time or day but i am 90% sure there is one on tuesdays at arojnd 5:00 maybe a little later. but i'm sure if you go tuesday around 6:00 you will see a lot of cars there. a guy i know rides there on tuesdays. if its not tuesdays its thursdays. but like i said i'm pretty sure it is tuesday i think they ride mainville on thursdays

Ex-Clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire
    not sure of exact time or day but i am 90% sure there is one on tuesdays at arojnd 5:00 maybe a little later. but i'm sure if you go tuesday around 6:00 you will see a lot of cars there. a guy i know rides there on tuesdays. if its not tuesdays its thursdays. but like i said i'm pretty sure it is tuesday i think they ride mainville on thursdays
    Tuesday nights at 6:30 at Danville, Thursday is Mainville. I met up with the group tonight, and we had a great ride. Did the Widowmaker twice, the Carousel, some blue and yellow, and a few others I forget the name of.

mtbr member
    sweet did you ride with a guy named eric? i know him. real nice guy he rides a klein. so did you take any pics?

could you give more details on the trails you rode like where you started and where you went from there. just curious what trails they actually go on and what order they go in. thanks

Ex-Clydesdale
    sweet did you ride with a guy named eric? i know him. real nice guy he rides a klein. so did you take any pics?

could you give more details on the trails you rode like where you started and where you went from there. just curious what trails they actually go on and what order they go in. thanks
    There werte about 12 people there altogether. I'm horrible with names, so I remember everyone by their bike (it's hilarious how a lot of us are like that), and I don't remember seeing a Klein. Does he ride anything else? How old is he?

We started at the small parking area close to the LifeFlight access road, I think the road we were on is called Powder Road. From here we went straight up the fireroad climb to the top, which then gives you the option of at least 5 different trails to take from that point. I don't think there's a set order to the trails the group ride goes on, though I think the Widowmaker and the Carousel are pretty popular.

Are you in the area?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Dwayne - I'm from Selinsgrove too.
    I usually pedal around town and Isle of Q (trails down there) a few nights a week with a few people. then on weekends, (Saturday and Sunday mornings) we have been riding around RB Winter park. I would like to ride Geisinger, i unfortunately missed the race weekend a few weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    Tuesday nights at 6:30 at Danville, Thursday is Mainville. I met up with the group tonight, and we had a great ride. Did the Widowmaker twice, the Carousel, some blue and yellow, and a few others I forget the name of.
    Hey- my wife's parents are in Berwick- do you guys post any weekend rides I could hook onto so I dont have to stay with the out-laws any longer than necessary? e-mail is [email protected]

Ex-Clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by leev373
    I usually pedal around town and Isle of Q (trails down there) a few nights a week with a few people. then on weekends, (Saturday and Sunday mornings) we have been riding around RB Winter park. I would like to ride Geisinger, i unfortunately missed the race weekend a few weeks ago.
    I usually grab the bike, ride the trails behind Giants, go down the Old Trail into Selinsgrove, ride the Isle of Q, go out towards Salem and take the backroads home. If you're interested in riding together or know when you'll be riding again, let me know.

mtbr member
    dwayne which trail is the widowmaker? that is the same way i go when i ride geisinger. i am from bloomsburg. i ride up the fireroad then at the top i take the trail to the right. sometimes i go to the top of the fireroad and then go down those trails. great riding back there. i don't know any of the names of the trails tho.

i would like some more info on the trail that goes down to selinsgrive tho. is that from danville? and where are the trails in selinsgrove? what kind of trails are they?

i hope to get back down to geisinger on sunday. i have a wedding on saturday so hope i'm not to hung over...lol

i will try to get the info on the mount carmel trails tomorrow if i can. anybody ride roaring creek at all?

i'm going to nanticoke next weekend. have a friend who lives up there and is gonna take me on some trails

mtbr member
    May 2005

widowmaker

dwayne which trail is the widowmaker? that is the same way i go when i ride geisinger. i am from bloomsburg. i ride up the fireroad then at the top i take the trail to the right. sometimes i go to the top of the fireroad and then go down those trails. great riding back there. i don't know any of the names of the trails tho.

i would like some more info on the trail that goes down to selinsgrive tho. is that from danville? and where are the trails in selinsgrove? what kind of trails are they?

i hope to get back down to geisinger on sunday. i have a wedding on saturday so hope i'm not to hung over...lol

i will try to get the info on the mount carmel trails tomorrow if i can. anybody ride roaring creek at all?

i'm going to nanticoke next weekend. have a friend who lives up there and is gonna take me on some trails
    The easiest way to explain which trail widowmaker is is touse the access from red lane. When you go off the road onto the trail head, you pretty much just go straight then you bear to the left when you come to the y. you'll know your on the right trail if you come to a decent size log right before a small stream crossing. then you go up and make almost a hairpin left and you start climbing. eventually you come out at the top at the power lines.

mtbr member
    ok i know which trail that is. when i ride there i usueally go up the fire road on powder mill then go right onto the yellow(i think) trail then ride that to the power lines then take then that trail y's off right after you cross the power lines. i stay to the right and then i come out onto redlane and ride the road back to powdermill

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Anyone know the address for the page that posts rides at Danville and Mainville?
    I was at the Danville ride last night and now for the life of me can't remember or find the page.
    Great ride by the way!

Ex-Clydesdale
    Anyone know the address for the page that posts rides at Danville and Mainville?
    I was at the Danville ride last night and now for the life of me can't remember or find the page.
    Great ride by the way!
    PM Sent

And yes, it was a fun ride You were riding the Trek singlespeed, right?
    Last edited by Dwayne; 06-29-2005 at 07:46 AM.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

mtbr member
    May 2005
    thanks Dwayne.
    Trek yes - singlespeed no. i had a hard enough time keeping with you guys with all 27 speeds.
    See you there next week.

trail addict

directions to isle of Q?

I live in Bloomsburg and I was wondering if you could give me directions to get to the trails (isle of Q) thanks a lot!

Jamie

Ex-Clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by yates1012
    I live in Bloomsburg and I was wondering if you could give me directions to get to the trails (isle of Q) thanks a lot!

Jamie
    It's not worth the trip, honestly. Unless there's a trail system that I don't know about, the only trails on the Isle of Q are geared more towards bmx bikes with jumps and whatnot, and total length is maybe a mile or so.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

mtbr member
    May 2005

I agree with Dwayne.....

and as of last thursday evening, there are 3 big trees down on the trail after the wind storm. The trail is approximately 1.2 miles long and is an out and back.