Da Moon- Mtbr.com

Thread: Da Moon

Chilling out
    I think Salamander is the most challenging - rockier and off camber than 5858, but that is just my opinion.

Climbing NFS is difficult in a different way though.

;^)

Sent from my brain using neurons fueled by caffeine

Wizard of the Trail

Da Moon

To anyone that knows da Moon well, what is the hardest trail there? My nephew, friend and I rode it Saturday. We took NW to 8 down to NSF and climbed 5858. That was one wicked climb. By the way, there is an uprooted tree towards the bottom. We had a great ride. We also hit the area by thorny and big blue. Wicked awesome setup down there!
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

Wizard of the Trail
    Never rode that one. Any preferred route?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

There are 2, Edge, Rocket

Now the reasons:

Egde when ridden T-Rex 1 to Screamer in it's entirety is very hard to clean it's off camber slippy plate rock, and has one switchback, then short turning climb that I have never seen anyone make while riding with me!

Rocket was desiged to be a "trials section", a few have cleaned it as have I but it is a mind bender.

The rules I go by are a "normal mt biker" not a "trials rider
    using hops and flip turn or piviots!

Climbing 5858 has been ridden clean in it's entirety by singlespeeders.

NFS going up has been cleaned, but I can only imagine it done when it was dry as there is a root section that is impossible when wet. Ask Chriffer he prolly did it.

Salamander is not that difficult, just gotta get the lines correct, most of us who ride are used to it and we just rode it a few weeks ago sans lights at night! Freeky fun!

Nitemare can be rated right in there with the others, but once you find the lines not that difficult.

If you want unridable challenges, HCGA has them! Total traps that you better know how to flip and hop!

Ride da stuff...
    ...bring your helmet

Wizard of the Trail
    Thanks for the info. I really love that trail system. I plan on riding that every Saturday I can. The only only thing that sucks for me is the distance. It takes me about an hour drive to get there, but you can't have it all right?

On a side note, what are the group rides on Wednesday night? What is the pace like?

Lee, Hunlock is private invite only isn't it?

Thanks.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Randy

Good to see ya got to da mOOn... Wednesdays are social and we don't leave anyone behind, fast guys just go off the front!

Hunlocks(HCGA) is private, with invites, like this Friday starts the Pasta rides happening every Friday!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes we are private invite only but itís pretty hard to find a week that we donít ride some day. I would amend every Friday with Every Friday that Jimmy or I can make it out, that should come out to most every Friday. Weíll work on a weekend long ride event this summer that puts together rides at Moon and our place. We can use our place as a base for anyone that wants to camp as we can accommodate a campers. It should be a great summer. All I have to do is my winter maintenance on my CRF and a crank seal and Iíll have all of my wheeled stuff ready for season.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    By the way, if anyone is just curious about the trials we ride and want to give them a try but don't seem to have the ability to fit with any scheduled rides, just send me a pm, It's not to hard to convince me to grab a ride most days. It sure beats yard work.

Members who have read this thread: 0