COVID - 19 Stay SAFE and Use your head- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

COVID - 19 Stay SAFE and Use your head

PSA- Four things that make sense right now.

Most of the cycling related reading I have been doing is coming down to common sense....and some experiences are also shaping these comments.

LIMIT GROUP RIDES:
    Limiting group rides is reasonable to ask. If you ride with people keep it small and keep your distance! We did 4 people yesterday at a park well outside of Philly and it was perfect.

RESPECT YOUR CREW
    If your riding buddies cant respect the space you need while riding don't be afraid to call people out for getting too close and to respect the distance suggestion of at least 6 feet- you know what- make it 8 feet! One of my crew thought it was funny to put his face right next to someone the other day sneaking up to them from behind. NOT ****ING FUNNY RIGHT NOW. I then actually had to ask him to stop approaching me while he was laughing at the situation. Not cool at all. That's not how we need to treat each other right now. RESPECT boundaries. Don't **** around. Your friends that are stressed and nervous- don't make it worse. If you don't get this just **** off from my crew and find another.

SPITTING AND SHIT
    Please don't spit while riding or snot rocket so people behind you roll through it. Wait till you stop and do off trail.

WHERE TO RIDE
    Please consider riding road or in less populated parks right now.

https://www.facebook.com/DirtBrother..._post_reaction

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jomissa View Post

PSA- Four things that make sense right now.

Most of the cycling related reading I have been doing is coming down to common sense....and some experiences are also shaping these comments.

LIMIT GROUP RIDES:
    Limiting group rides is reasonable to ask. If you ride with people keep it small and keep your distance! We did 4 people yesterday at a park well outside of Philly and it was perfect.

RESPECT YOUR CREW
    If your riding buddies cant respect the space you need while riding don't be afraid to call people out for getting too close and to respect the distance suggestion of at least 6 feet- you know what- make it 8 feet! One of my crew thought it was funny to put his face right next to someone the other day sneaking up to them from behind. NOT ****ING FUNNY RIGHT NOW. I then actually had to ask him to stop approaching me while he was laughing at the situation. Not cool at all. That's not how we need to treat each other right now. RESPECT boundaries. Don't **** around. Your friends that are stressed and nervous- don't make it worse. If you don't get this just **** off from my crew and find another.

SPITTING AND SHIT
    Please don't spit while riding or snot rocket so people behind you roll through it. Wait till you stop and do off trail.

WHERE TO RIDE
    Please consider riding road or in less populated parks right now.

https://www.facebook.com/DirtBrother..._post_reaction

Not trying to create a 'storm' but limited to 4 is no better than 10. The leader of the group is a carrier, now the air ya'll inhaled isn't clean air. Yes it is a risk we are all taking but limiting the numbers isn't the same as "don't do group activities".

A few days ago I saw a woman I know hugging, face to face, side of the trail as I wizzed by. By the way, he is new in her life and just got off a plane 2 days earlier. And this woman I know is a mutual friend of mine that I've still hung out with a little. She was a distance away from me, but not distance from my friend who is also not distant.

This is why we are asked to stay home -so that gun on the place didn't give it to his new girlfriend to give it to her girlfriend to give it to me.

That really sucks about the dude who was face to face.
    I'd be making my frustration very clear if that happened to me (and I'm usually a pretty quiet guy). Some people just haven't gotten it yet).