central pa this weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

central pa this weekend

i will be out in mechanicsburg on friday July 3 and then heading towards Port Royal on July 4 for PA Sprint Car Speedweek. I am thinking about bringing a bike out so that i can ride during the day. I was thinking about Rocky Ridge on friday because it is the only ride i know in the area and then hopiing to find something north of Harrisburg for saturday. Anybody have any suggestions or know of any group rides i may be able to tag on to? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    kalte754,
    my inlaws live in Port Royal so I get out there relatively often. I would hit Cooper's Gap up in Rothrock State Forest. Its pretty accessible from the Milroy exit off of 322 W. Probably about 25-30 minutes from Port Royal. There is some stellar single track at just off of Coopers Gap rd. There is a club that provides online maps (sorry, I don't remember the name but you can do a search on line for Mt biking in State College area).

mtbr member

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    not to try and dissuade you from riding in coopers, it is awesome, but if you want a group ride on the 4th, you might consider heading over to rattling creek
    http://rcst1.blogspot.com/ there is some great riding there as well with people to show you around.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i think i will be trying to meet up with you guys provided the race doesnt run to late on friday night about how long do you think the ride will be?

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    they have about 23 miles of trail in the loop, there are usually a couple different groups that go out, one to do the whole thing and one less ambitious group, your choice

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    sounds good i should be able to hang for the whole thing looking forward to it. I got the directions off your site. My name is Kelvin and i will be riding a Hifi 29er.

Members who have read this thread: 0