The Carlisle Bike Expo Was...........- Mtbr.com
    Never worng!

The Carlisle Bike Expo Was...........

A waste of time and $10.

Not a lot of vendors and they shared the room with a Fly Fishing Expo (groan).
    It was geared towards roadies. So you had roadies and fly fishermen there.

Very little to nothing for mtbers.
    Mostly soft goods for sell. The few hard goods I saw were way overpriced.

The only sort of redeeming value was the YAMBA booth where I talked to
    (think it was) Mike and picked up some literature.

I didn't expect much when I went but it was even less than my expectattions.

Very disappointing!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry to hear that. I was thinking about going today. Glad I went for a ride instead.

Never worng!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider
    Sorry to hear that. I was thinking about going today. Glad I went for a ride instead.
    You made the right decision and you're $10 richer.
    Well, unless you got a hot dog there for $2 then you'd be out $12 and have heartburn.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Wait about five weeks, Sat, April 22, go to the one at the velodrome in Allentown, and you won't be disappointed. Get there early! Link: http://www.lvvelo.org/fleamarkets.php

This one is the gran-daddy of all bike swap meets/flea markets in the mid atlantic (especially so for the one in the fall). Here are some write ups, http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ight=Allentown (The people watching is worth the trip and price of admission, even if you don't buy anything. Look for the mention of free beer samples).
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ht=Trexlertown

Never worng!
    Thanks XCoalMiner!
    I marked it on my calendar. I'll definitely go!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Overrated!

Quote Originally Posted by XCoalMiner
    Wait about five weeks, Sat, April 22, go to the one at the velodrome in Allentown, and you won't be disappointed.

I bought some bike tubes there in 2004 (CHEAP!) only to find that fellow riders who had bought the same tubes all had problems with them, so I threw them all out. The word is that the people who were selling the tubes knew they were junk but got whatever they could for them, hence the low price. If it appears too good to be true.......
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    If you think that event is overrated I doubt you'll ever be satisfied. It's one of biggest on the East Coast, (and I've yet to see one mentioned as being bigger).

I bought tubes from there every year for the last several years, and have never had any issues. But I'll watch out for problems.

Members who have read this thread: 0