Car accident this morning Ft. Washington exit.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Car accident this morning Ft. Washington exit.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with bike but I just had to vent.

(#*YR*&$^T#*R*&FG(*@#HR*&$ that(*#&Y*$*@^@T who rear ended me and fled scene of accident. I was at complete stop for minute or two due to traffic right after tollgate of Ft. Washington exit of Turnpike. While I was waiting, I looked back through rear view mirror for some reason only to find out this person in metallic sky blue sedan was coming way too fast and was not slowing down. I checked left lane to see if I can get out of the lane but cars were coming in that lane so I couldn't do anything but to embrace myself for impact.

I guess that person finally noticed my car and tried to change lane in very last moment but still managed to get passenger side of my rear bumper making that loud sickening car accident sound. Oh great! Monday morning car accident but I wasn't hurt so I tried to find place to park after checking other car slowing down(Thinking that person is trying to find a spot to park) Next thing I know, he/she guns it and takes 309 south exit and takes off. Since I was still in shock of getting in car accident and couldn't believe that person was taking off I couldn't manage to get the license plate number.

I was confused as to what happen and called wife letting her know that I got in car accident and I'm ok but the other guy fled. She told me to wait and called our car insurance which they told my wife(who then told me) that if there's no bodily injury, there's no need to call police. So I left thinking that I'll call police after I get to work(I was head to my work)

I called 3 different police department since they said to call other stations only to find out they can't do anything since I left the scene too(Yeah, stupid of me) So, that bastard got away and left me to pay my $500 deductible. Which my car is 2 years old car which I was thinking about trading in year or two to get minivan that my wife wanted. Yeah resale value also willl drop cause of accident too.

Great start of week.

@(#*^*(@#%^)*[email protected]&#^$)*@!&#%^R()%[email protected]*&#^$)@&#%^@(*&#% ^!*)(@&$^[email protected](*#%&)(@*#% THAT *&#^$(*@!^%# SOB @#*&^(*@&#%^@#$%
    2012 S pecialized Hardrock Sport Disc 29er

2017 SANTA CRUZ Hightower CC X01

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Sorry if what I said doesn't make sense. I'm still in shock and POed so I'm just spitting out without thinking much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Take some advil and drink lots of water. You are going to be sore tomorrow/later even though you feel fine now. Glad you are ok.
    Follow my mountain biking blog!

http://transientmtb.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks. I don't think I need pill though. It made loud noise and scraped bumper but no dent or anything. Probably damage has been done inside which I'm sure it will come out to couple of thousand easy to replace internals along with painting bumper again. Hit itself wasn't bad(hmmm but then I was in shock before and after the accident since I knew he/she was going to hit my car so I don't think I correctly remember how hard I took it)

If I was little younger, I would have snapped out of it quick and chased him. Sucks to be getting older(I'm not old old though )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxEJxuK View Post
    I called 3 different police department since they said to call other stations only to find out they can't do anything since I left the scene too(Yeah, stupid of me) So, that bastard got away and left me to pay my $500 deductible. Which my car is 2 years old car which I was thinking about trading in year or two to get minivan that my wife wanted. Yeah resale value also willl drop cause of accident too.
    Sucks, I know how you feel. My car got hit 3 times while parked in front of the house, no note or anything.

Well, if it makes you feel a little better, at least the other guy's car got damaged too.

EDIT: I live sort of in the area. Do you have a description of the car? Color/make/model? Maybe people can keep an eye out for a damaged car matching that description and send you plate numbers or something.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Curses my short memory

I'm pretty good with cars but I haven't keep up with it so I can't tell other than it was metallic baby blue domestic sedan(But there was a time I remembered every car makes/model/price/performance date etc.) He/she would have damage(maybe just scraped paint externally shown but no dent) on front driver side bumper. Probably corner and side rather than front. Possibly Buick?

Unless he/she was visiting here, that route should be his/her commute to work? I'm going to keep my eye on it but then he/she might take different route now after this. Not to mention State Police said no police report once you leave the scene so I don't think there's anything I can do even if I find that person at this point.

It drives me nuts when people carelessly goes in and out of their car and bang car next to them leaving dents but this is whole new thing. Yes, it's small accident and no one got seriously hurt but one decided to take off trying to avoid consequences of causing accident knowing that car that he/she just hit is right in front of them. That's low! That makes me POed more than damage to car(Still PO me though) which can be covered by insurance.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Hopefully you didn't get hurt!

Parts will be replaced and you will be OK, having your health us everything!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yup, That's the main thing. Thanks. I can only get POed since I'm alive.

This especially sucks since I'm(our family) trying to save all the money I can to put down money to buy a house which by the way isn't going to well search wise and we have to move out by end of April. Sure $500 isn't much when buying a house but that for 30 years of interest? It add up. Even if I don't use that money for down payment, I could certainly use that to buy lawn mower, wet/dry vac, leaf blower etc.

I could most definitely use that money to upgrade my bike too!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

I agree it sux but...

...life throws us setbacks sometimes, and from these we continue to strive thinking positive even though it doesn't look bright it always works out. I was flooded last year, but I think of my neighbors who don't even have a house to live in cause it was torn down due to total damage.

That really sux!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That's one thing scary about buying a house. flood. Well and big tree around house. If it is just you, you could just say Eff it and just start over but with wife and kids, that's different story.

I can't imagine losing everything that you own like that(well, almost)

Members who have read this thread: 0