Booby trap at Rocky Ridge- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Booby trap at Rocky Ridge

Beavis and Butthead have been busy at Rocky Ridge lately. I got a staple in both of my tires and double flatted. They were the type that go in a gun, except they had one leg bent at a perfect 90 degrees. They went through the center of the tall knobs on my Kenda BG tires. They must have layed them so the L gave it stability on the ground and the other leg pointed straight up. They were shiny brand new, so they were just put there since the last time it rained. Both of them went right in the centerline of the tire, so they were right down the middle of one of the trails.

I started toward the southern side (cross both roads) and did the section with the log shelf at the end of it. Turned left, then took the next spur right and went down the hill and went down the water bar trail and up to trail 6 (T intersection at end). Turned right and as soon as I climbed out of that little valley, I noticed the back was getting soft. Front was going flat at the same time. Replaced the one tube and patched the other. Got to the trail 8 fun downhill section and the front patch didn't hold. Bone flat half way down the trail. Nice 2 mile walk back to the car. I walked the very first part of the trail when I got back to the car, but couldn't see anything.

I'll try to call RR Monday during business hours to report the incident. Not that they can do anything (unless they want to sweep the trails with metal detectors), but just to give them a heads up about Beavis and Butthead.

Butthead: Heh Heh, Heh Heh. Hey Beavis, lets like randomly destroy other people's stuff or something.
    Beavis: Heh Heh, Heh Heh. That would be cool. Heh Heh.

mtbr member
    Riding tubless with Stan's would solve this problem and twart Beavis and Butthead. I'm sure they would just be standing there picking there noses wondering why nobody was getting flat tires.