Blue Mtn, PA Downhill Race- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Blue Mtn, PA Downhill Race

There is a downhill race starting up at Blue Mountain near Plamerton. The first race is at the end of the month http://www.verticalearthpa.com for more information
    It would be cool to get a good number of people there to give us one more place to race. Hope people can make it out

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You have quite alot of posts my friend. And will blue be open to the public?

mtbr member
    That is a lot of posts in one month.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

weird

i have no idea why i have so many posts certainly didnt post more than 20. Blue is open to the public one day this year check out the web page cant remember the exact date

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    ...will blue be open to the public?
    Based on the Blue Website it seems like it'll only be open on race days (for racers only), except for Father's Day, June 21st. Vertical Earth Series race schedule is here. Also, this post suggests that if Blue mountain management see a good turnout during the first two events (the first race and Father's Day) then they'll open the lifts up for additional riding this summer.

Personally, I think it's a mistake to gauge potential business on those two events. My reasoning: the number of racers that show up for a given race is not indicative of the potential number of recreational riders that may visit on a regular basis. IOW, lots of people ride DH/FR, but not everyone (I bet not even a majority) races. Plus, Father's Day is an iffy day for a lot of people. Sure, you may get a bunch of Fathers who want to go downhilling for a day, but you'll also get many more that may normally participate on a Sunday but have other family obligations on that specific day. JMO.

It seems like there are a group of people that have worked hard and put a lot of time in to make this thing happen, hopefully it all comes to fruition and the mountain get's opened to the public on a regular basis.

mtbr member
    they are hoping to open if the race turnout is good. Foolishly, one of the races conflicts with a Diablo race. That's gonna hurt them on that one. Another pontential problem is the layout of the racecourse. It goes diagonally across the mountain, which causes too much off camber riding and too much pedaling. Hopefully they get it sorted out by race time. If they don't they will not have a good turn-out and the mountain will never open to the public.

I really hope this happens, I personally went out to help one day, and I urge anyone else to do the same.
    Team _________

AllDayinPA
    Toaster , foolishly you didn't check your dates. There is no overlap with Diablo for racing. Also, the trail you rode is not being used for the race, it's just a trail. There is an open house this weekend on Saturday the 16th with a barbecue and fun race. Anybody is invited, THX.

mtbr member
    my bad, I could have sworn there was a conflict of dates, I guess I looked at the dates wrong. I was under the impression that the trail we were working on was to be the race course, I guess something has changed since then.
    Team _________

Members who have read this thread: 0