Blue Mtn Gravity 9/12- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Blue Mtn Gravity 9/12

About 5 of us are heading up to ride the lifts, we plan on leaving around 8am from the lancaster/millersville area. We are all moderate skill level riders, but DH noobs. Anyone wanting to join the convoy is more then welcome, we'll be heading by Reading, possibly picking up one more on the way.

Hope to see some of you out there!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I plan on being there- red and white rocky mtn rmx

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Next week

Will be there up next week would love to join you this week but heading out to Snowshoe

mtbr member
    Any word on if this still a go, due to the weather?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    It's going to be a very sloppy mess, I think.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    It's going to be a very sloppy mess, I think.
    Yeah, I was gonna go if I woke up to blue skies, but after the last couple of days and then this morning's drizzle, I figured it wasn't worth it (for me).

Last time it was kinda wet and the area leading into the tire step-down was a swamp. The rockier areas will probably be ok, but anything with fresh dirt (jumps and stuff) is gonna be pretty muddy.

As time goes on, the fresh dirt will get compacted more and they will (hopefully) get some drainage issues worked out, then it would be more rideable after a rain. Anyway, I am postponing my trip for a week or two.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Well turns out they didn't have their calls forwarded to the base lodge but they were open, we made the 2 hour drive in blind faith. The conditions were great, no rain but it was definitely a bit sloppy. Most of the trails were rideable except the dirt jumps as it was too wet to gain enough speed. There were a total of about 20 riders on the mountain so it seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves.

All in all it was a very fun sloppy mess. I'll post some picks after my friend gets 'em developed. We plan on making a trip up next sat too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I was there with 2 friends as well. It was sloppy but I am happy I convinced them to go rain or shine.. I dont mind getting dirty and I think they had enough fun to not mind it anymore either. Trail conditions werent too bad considering it had rained for 2 days prior and was still raining till about noon time. the new dirt needs some time to dry and pack in, the dirt jumps will be awesome. All in all the mountain has a lot to offer and Dan and the Vertical Earth crew have done a tremendous job so far.

I had my helmet cam out yesterday but between the rain and mud it was a bit difficult to get any good footage pieced together. I am going to be doing an all riding vid today at some point but I threw this together for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uUihCSWr_g

Members who have read this thread: 0