Blue Mountain Vertical Earth Trail Building Day April 25th- Mtbr.com
    AllDayinPA

Blue Mountain Vertical Earth Trail Building Day April 25th

Saturday April 25th we'll be holding an official trail building day if anyone is interested is coming out to inspect what the trails are shaping to be. If the weather holds there may be a few shuttles for the builders after some burgers. The trails are shaping up well and we look forward to offering brake pads at the front desk. 1086' is what we have to work with here with a high speed detachable to access it all. The trails are steep but with good flowy main arteries to get around the mountain. By the first race we will definately have 4-5 trails available and seven by the Fathers Day Picnic. Please check out the site for more info on all the scheduled events. Pre-registration is also open !!!
    As far as the races go we are making sure a DH bike will be the least favored bike for super D. However, a six inch travel bike is ideal. Then again some people can hammer a DH bike there is one good climb but alot of flow after. For DH it looks like alot of flow with some good rock gardens and prepared to go fast ! For DS plan on 15 Tri-Axels a dirt for the course designed by our local homeboys Neko and Logan Mulally. If anyone has any questions you can get the answers here: http://www.verticalearthpa.com

THX

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

This is awesome! Blue Mountain... Yaaaa

Questions:

What as far as tools do you need guys to bring? Time? Meet where at Blue Mountain? Did you form a local club?

I have the website in favs now.

Thanks

trail addict
    What day for the superD? May 30 or 31?

Sounds good!
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    I was up there the last 2 Saturdays working on the Super D trail and it is shaping up real nice. It's crazy how quick it went from bush wacking through woods to something that is looking like a trail! It has some real nice twisty flow sections and then some steep decents where you will be ripping. I think the bike of choice is 5" or 6" of travel. There is a climb after the first downhill section that will wake you up and get the juices flowing for the remaining downhills. It is LONG too which is awesome!

Oh, and the Philly MTB Assoc is holding our monthly TMD this day at Blue to support Vertical Earth, so we will have our ultimate set of tools and many trail crew volunteers.
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Me and most of team Loweriders Derailed will be in attendance for the TM day.
    Team _________

Aug 2007
    I would love to help out with this trail. However, I am unavailable that weekend,. Are there any other TM days?

AllDayinPA
    Hey there ya'll we do have a club called the Vertical Earth Gravity Club. We will be meeting at 9:00 Sat. morning on the 25th. Please meet at the bottom Valley Lodge the gates will be open. THX and we'll see you there !!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I wish I was able to help this day,but works got my tied up for now.Does anyone know when the trails will be open/ready for riding,and also what the hours/days of operation are going to be?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    This is FREAKING AWESOME. Thank you Blue for giving us SE pa mountain bikers a place a resort ride. Will Blue only be used only for races or is it open to the public for riding? What is the schedule like? weekends only? opening date? Hey builders I have a 6" trail bike, will this be enough for most of the trails there? I hope they have a great year, I know they will get my money, then more resorts will decide that us Mountain Bikers have a good thing going on.

AllDayinPA
    Weather looks good for Saturday. Please be there by 10:00 am. After we get out on the mountain the gates will be closed. We will be meeting at the Valley Lodge ( lower ). If you need directions you can get them on the site !!
    FYI, this is the deal, if we have a good attendance the first race and for the Father's Day Picnic you can expect to open the lifts this summer !!!! Spread the word and come check us out this Saturday at the Vertical Earth Open House.

http://www.verticalearthpa.com

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine1
    FYI, this is the deal, if we have a good attendance the first race and for the Father's Day Picnic you can expect to open the lifts this summer !!!! ]
    AHHHH! I am busy BOTH of those weekends. If Blue Mountain is open, I know of a BUNCH of people from Bloomsburg who will make that drive a few times!!!! I am just frustrated because I can't show up to be counted on those special days!
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Any word on how this went? How are things shaping up on the mountain at this point?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

He who dies with the most toys wins...

mtbr member
    The build day went well. A few things were changed on the trails and a few more still need to be changed. My opinion is that the race course is too off-camber and not steep enough. I understand that they are trying to build a long course, but sometimes walking the trail and riding it produce 2 totally different outcomes.

We started cutting in a pro-expert course from the top but it will need to be continued to the bottom. So far it's STEEP and fast, hopefully it continues in the same manner.
    Team _________

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

All sounds great...

Today is 5/9/09 Any updates since last post? Will be all done in time for the race? How many trails are there? How about a complete race series between Blue, Diablo, and Platte?

Just wanted to hit ya with a few questions, not trying to be a pain in the a88

Thanks for all your work, and success in the future!

AllDayinPA
    All the trails are just about done for the race. The trails are alot of fun with some features at the bottom that you will not see anywhere else. Come check it out this Saturday the 16th !

http://verticalearthpa.com

PMBA

Trail work and ride on May 16th

The new trails are coming along nicely. They are nearly complete, and there will be many more in the future as long as these first few are successful, so be sure to show your support and come out to help the cause. Lots of potential to build sick trails on this mountain.

This Saturday will have opportunities to build and ride. Everything kicks off at 10 oclock. Many hours of hand work have been put into these trails so far, and now we need to beat these new trails in with our tires so the lines are better established!
    Keep crowded trails friendly. Go by slow and say "hello"
    Tom Coyle www.phillymtb.com

Members who have read this thread: 0