blue mountain dh pics- Mtbr.com
    i moto too
    Dec 2008

blue mountain dh pics

here are some pictures from the dh race on sunday. i have some from super d also, i'll try to post later. i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped make this event happen. i think the overall weekend turned out pretty good, and i really hope blue mountain decides to open for riding all the time. don't forget blue mountain is also going to be open for riding june 21st.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I heard good things.

Couple questions

Did Bob race?

Did you get to ride?

Any shots of the slalom course?

When are you two comin down?

heres a teaser. . .

3 "fiddy" for short
    Man, that looks like it was a good time. I should have raced it, but the timing didn't work out for me.

How long was the course and what were the times?

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    it was a fun weekend. it didn't go off without any problems/issues, but considering it was their first race and they were starting from scratch, i think it went pretty well. and most of the things people complained about have all happened at one time or another at other races/mountains. i'm hoping everything works out and blue decides to open up all the time for riding. i know the courses had sections that weren't exactly beginner friendly (especially when wet), but i think over time trails could be built to suit a lot of different riding abilities. and it would be so great to have something so close to home. bob got 5th in dh; i raced both sd and ds for the first time (1st & 2nd - both by default), and no one got hurt. i didn't have too many pictures since i was riding a lot (and we only had the little camera), i'll look for some of the slalom course though. i'm sure we'll be down again soon, especially since i'm trying to jump now too.

be350ka - i'm not sure exactly how long the runs were, or the times; i'm sure they'll put them up on the site when they get everything straight. there's still two more races there, and father's day (june 21st) they will have the lift going for riding (only $15)

mtbr member
    Great pictures. Glad the event went off and had a good turn out. Blue has alot to offer.
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadrider
    it was a fun weekend. it didn't go off without any problems/issues, but considering it was their first race and they were starting from scratch, i think it went pretty well. and most of the things people complained about have all happened at one time or another at other races/mountains. i'm hoping everything works out and blue decides to open up all the time for riding. i know the courses had sections that weren't exactly beginner friendly (especially when wet), but i think over time trails could be built to suit a lot of different riding abilities. and it would be so great to have something so close to home. bob got 5th in dh; i raced both sd and ds for the first time (1st & 2nd - both by default), and no one got hurt. i didn't have too many pictures since i was riding a lot (and we only had the little camera), i'll look for some of the slalom course though. i'm sure we'll be down again soon, especially since i'm trying to jump now too.

be350ka - i'm not sure exactly how long the runs were, or the times; i'm sure they'll put them up on the site when they get everything straight. there's still two more races there, and father's day (june 21st) they will have the lift going for riding (only $15)
    Outstanding! Glad you got in on the fun! Let me know when you want to come down, xc from the house then some fun on the trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0