Blue Mountain Bike Park - Page 5- Mtbr.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 401 to 458 of 458
  1. #401
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigb73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    515
    Short notice, but is anyone riding tomorrow?

  2. #402
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,045
    Planning on riding morning till 12-1 then splitting as long as the weather holds out.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

  3. #403
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jonezed7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    253
    I've got some bruised ribs from last weekend.

  4. #404
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott5272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    78
    I'm from out by Hershey and haven't been here before. I'm very interested in going. Riding a Giant Trance with 160 front fork. Any equipment that I should get prior to going?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  5. #405
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    full face and knee pads?

  6. #406
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronofgroove View Post
    full face and knee pads?
    Agreed! I ride elbows also but minimum full face and knees.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

  7. #407
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Not sure when you're planning on coming out but this coming weekend is a race weekend, so probably not the best time to check it out, unless you like long lift lines and limited runs. Then the weekends of the 8th and 15th the park will be closed for the spartan races.

  8. #408
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott5272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronofgroove View Post
    Not sure when you're planning on coming out but this coming weekend is a race weekend, so probably not the best time to check it out, unless you like long lift lines and limited runs. Then the weekends of the 8th and 15th the park will be closed for the spartan races.
    Won't be for a bit. I have a rotating shift schedule for work so it would likely be during the middle of the week. Still need to order gear and get my replacement bike parts in.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  9. #409
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott5272 View Post
    Won't be for a bit. I have a rotating shift schedule for work so it would likely be during the middle of the week. Still need to order gear and get my replacement bike parts in.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    blue doesn't offer lift service on weekdays; with the exception of Fridays from 12-6 June through August.

  10. #410
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,984
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkranked View Post
    blue doesn't offer lift service on weekdays; with the exception of Fridays from 12-6 June through August.
    They have over the summer, previously. Just not the whole season.

  11. #411
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Just Friday's for the last few years with the exception of some holidays. No 4th of July this year though with it being a Tuesday. The Fox demo day today was the tradeoff of that.

  12. #412
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    103
    wtf spartan racing. Was going to go up to blue today.

    per fb . post The Spartan Race returns to Blue Mountain this weekend and next Saturday. There is still time to sign up! Click here for more information --> http://sprtn.im/2hHnkj7
    Due to the Spartan Race, Mountain Biking will be closed until Friday, July 21st. Disc Golf will be closed during the races. Head towww.skibluemt.com for more information.
    Their website should list that!!!!
    Last edited by sutter2k; 07-09-2017 at 06:27 PM.

  13. #413
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    The bike park is like the red headed step child as far as the higher management is concerned because it really doesn't bring in all that much revenue. It may suck that the park is closed for 2 weeks, but its the shit like spartan race that makes them money to be willing to open the bike park every year.

  14. #414
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    429
    I once showed up at Blue when the trails were closed. It wasn't listed in the bike park portion of the website, but in some random events page. I told them that and they took my info to send a free lift ticket; I never got it.

    I'd be surprised if the bike park even made any profit. Maybe that's why they have multiple race weekends. They probably end up with a decent profit for those.

  15. #415
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    As goofy as it sounds, the most reliable source is their Instagram. One of the park managers runs it and is usually quick to post when they're closed.

  16. #416
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronofgroove View Post
    As goofy as it sounds, the most reliable source is their Instagram. One of the park managers runs it and is usually quick to post when they're closed.
    That has become my first place to check for most places.

  17. #417
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    336
    Can anyone give me a yes or no answer if camping is usually allowed on race weekends? I'm doing my first enduro this weekend and definitely want to get some practice saturday and stay if possible right there in our camper. I have tried calling/sending emails/contacting the bike park on instagram for the last two days and have yet to get a response or a definite answer.

  18. #418
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rollertoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,176
    There is no camping allowed for the upcoming enduro.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Team _________

  19. #419
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,045
    I'm going to assume the mountain is closed this weekend for the race again?
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

  20. #420
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jonezed7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    253

    Blue Mountain Bike Park

    Really?


  21. #421
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Public hours for this weekend:
    Friday: 12-6
    Satuday: 10-6
    Sunday: 2-6
    Monday: 10-4

  22. #422
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    41
    Would a hardtail suffice? I want to go downhill on my hardtail. I dont even know if they will allow it.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  23. #423
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine1804 View Post
    Would a hardtail suffice? I want to go downhill on my hardtail. I dont even know if they will allow it.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No one is going to stop you but it's a bumpy ride. People do it though. You're going to have to jack up your rear tire pressure to offset the lack of suspension, otherwise you're pretty much guaranteed to get pinch flats.

    The easier trails are definitely doable. I've seen my fair share of Walmart bikes on the hill ridden by people who's riding experience starts and ends with tow paths so I'm sure you'd be fine.

  24. #424
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronofgroove View Post
    No one is going to stop you but it's a bumpy ride. People do it though. You're going to have to jack up your rear tire pressure to offset the lack of suspension, otherwise you're pretty much guaranteed to get pinch flats.

    The easier trails are definitely doable. I've seen my fair share of Walmart bikes on the hill ridden by people who's riding experience starts and ends with tow paths so I'm sure you'd be fine.
    Yea i dont want to do an expert trail just beginner to intermediate, I know my limits.Thanks for the info its deeply appreciated.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  25. #425
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1
    Hello everyone, new to the forms and new to DH biking. My question is this spring I'll be going to Blue Mountain for the first time and first time DH, I would like to know what are the easy beginner trails and is my bike, 2016 Giant Stance...good enough for at least the easy trails.... https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/stance-27dot5-2-2016

  26. #426
    my church is the woods
    Reputation: moonraker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,065
    The trails are color coded blue, green, black to indicate difficulty. You should be fine on that bike, Blue mtn isn't too gnarly. I'd recommend a few thing like switching to a single chainring with a chain guide, and bigger brake rotors will help too. Also tires with DH casings will help prevent flats and save your trail tires from all wearing out quickly.

  27. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by overkill84 View Post
    Hello everyone, new to the forms and new to DH biking. My question is this spring I'll be going to Blue Mountain for the first time and first time DH, I would like to know what are the easy beginner trails and is my bike, 2016 Giant Stance...good enough for at least the easy trails.... https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/stance-27dot5-2-2016
    Stance is certainly fine for green. As difficulty goes up you will have a little less margin for error. An skilled rider would still be able to pilot in on some gnarly terrain.

    For the first timer, I would say blue is rockier and steeper than some other places. For instance, Bryce mountain and even mountain creek offer some green & blue flow trails with more progression. My 10 year old son loved Bryce and but had a tough day at blue. Some of that was just him having a bad day, but design wise I feel some other places flow better and link up jumps better. Also color ratings are not the same between parks. Some double blacks have huge drops/jumps while others are just generally steep and rocky.

  28. #428
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,984
    If you're planning on going to Blue regularly I'd STRONGLY advocate

    - get 180mm shimano ice-tech rotors to replace the stock rotors with, front and rear, they handle heat build up and dissipation markedly better. Beginners at DH tend to drag brakes a lot more, so this is a factor.

    - at the same time get the sintered metal brake pads instead of the resin brake pads, they last a lot longer

    - +5 on getting different tires for use at Blue. Full-on DH tires (2ply) or the middle weight "enduro" tires that have the butyl inserts to protect the rims can be fine also (think 1kg tires not 1.5kg tires). I actually use the latter for trail riding even though their heavy as I have a tendency to hit rocks at DH speed on my trail bike rides. You would have a hard time going wrong with Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR tires, I personally really like the Continental der Kaiser and der Baron for DH but they're pretty spendy.

    - Don't forget to drop your saddle as far as it will go in the frame before heading up the hill on the lift. You won't want to sit down on it much when riding DH. If you don't have a dropper added to your bike yet then take a measurement of where your post is extended (or gently scratch the post) so you can put it back easily when done for the day and going back to trail riding.

    - I personally prefer flat pedals for DH, so I can insta-bail if I feel the need. It's a personal choice.

    - Rent full DH helmet and pads when you go, the first couple times, if you don't already have them. I think it's worth having better head protection where it's a ton easier to get all the way to "ludicrous" speed without much effort.

    Think about an intro session or two by one of the guides that are available, if you've never done DH before, and you have nobody else to show you the ropes.

    Good luck!

  29. #429
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    If you're planning on going to Blue regularly I'd STRONGLY advocate

    - get 180mm shimano ice-tech rotors to replace the stock rotors with, front and rear, they handle heat build up and dissipation markedly better. Beginners at DH tend to drag brakes a lot more, so this is a factor.

    - at the same time get the sintered metal brake pads instead of the resin brake pads, they last a lot longer

    - +5 on getting different tires for use at Blue. Full-on DH tires (2ply) or the middle weight "enduro" tires that have the butyl inserts to protect the rims can be fine also (think 1kg tires not 1.5kg tires). I actually use the latter for trail riding even though their heavy as I have a tendency to hit rocks at DH speed on my trail bike rides. You would have a hard time going wrong with Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR tires, I personally really like the Continental der Kaiser and der Baron for DH but they're pretty spendy.

    - Don't forget to drop your saddle as far as it will go in the frame before heading up the hill on the lift. You won't want to sit down on it much when riding DH. If you don't have a dropper added to your bike yet then take a measurement of where your post is extended (or gently scratch the post) so you can put it back easily when done for the day and going back to trail riding.

    - I personally prefer flat pedals for DH, so I can insta-bail if I feel the need. It's a personal choice.

    - Rent full DH helmet and pads when you go, the first couple times, if you don't already have them. I think it's worth having better head protection where it's a ton easier to get all the way to "ludicrous" speed without much effort.

    Think about an intro session or two by one of the guides that are available, if you've never done DH before, and you have nobody else to show you the ropes.

    Good luck!

    i second all of these.

  30. #430
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    Headed out to blue now. Iíd love to meet some other locals, Iíll be riding a carbon colored Santa Cruz with a black/tan full face, and orange melon goggle strapójust call out, name is Mike.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  31. #431
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    Headed out to blue now. Iíd love to meet some other locals, Iíll be riding a carbon colored Santa Cruz with a black/tan full face, and orange melon goggle strapójust call out, name is Mike.
    Do you mean.... Black?

    The in-laws were in town this weekend, so I wasn't able to escape to BMBP, maybe I'll catch you next time you make the trip out! We're heading to Mountain Creek this weekend, but I'll probably be there every sunday till they shut it down.
    - Trek Full Stache 8
    - YT Capra AL 27
    - Cannondale Trail SL2

  32. #432
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    I suppose it looks blackish / grayish. SC listed the 2018 bronson as carbon with sriracha lettering

  33. #433
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    29
    I'm interested in Blue Mtn bike park. I got a trip planned next week to Asheville to ride local trails and Bailey. I've been to Bailey and the local trails several times and love it, but I'm curious if there are any awesome local trails around Blue Mtn. It seems like the mountain is only open on the weekends, so I'm looking for some epic single track too. I can easily change plans and head to Pennsylvania. Is it worth it?

  34. #434
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjerm View Post
    I'm interested in Blue Mtn bike park. I got a trip planned next week to Asheville to ride local trails and Bailey. I've been to Bailey and the local trails several times and love it, but I'm curious if there are any awesome local trails around Blue Mtn. It seems like the mountain is only open on the weekends, so I'm looking for some epic single track too. I can easily change plans and head to Pennsylvania. Is it worth it?
    There are trails in the area, but from what I've seen, they don't hold a candle to Asheville. You're correct in that the lift only runs on the weekends now that they're on fall schedule.

    If I were you, I'd stick with your original plan. head for NC.
    - Trek Full Stache 8
    - YT Capra AL 27
    - Cannondale Trail SL2

  35. #435
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Steelerector! Thats what I figured, but I thought I should ask.

  36. #436
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Heads up for anyone wanting to get out here one more time. This weekend is closing weekend as long as the rain holds out.

  37. #437
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    32
    Yea, I'm on the fence for this weekend.. It was pretty damn cold up there on Sunday. My wife did one lap and said "Have fun, I'll be at the bar." Lol

    I may try to get to Mountain Creek one more time though.. They close next weekend I think
    - Trek Full Stache 8
    - YT Capra AL 27
    - Cannondale Trail SL2

  38. #438
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    Iíve been up there almost every Saturday since early August, planning on heading up Sunday this week. Anyone else planning on heading up Sunday?
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  39. #439
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209

    So who on here is in this picture?

    No need to identify exactly who you are in the photo, but Iím curious if Iíve ridden with any of you without realizing it. So who here is in this? Photo is courtesy of Simply Adventurous who took this on the last run down of the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue Mountain Bike Park-65dc13f2-028c-4842-8454-d71adf346a95.jpg  

    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  40. #440
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    No need to identify exactly who you are in the photo, but Iím curious if Iíve ridden with any of you without realizing it. So who here is in this? Photo is courtesy of Simply Adventurous who took this on the last run down of the year.
    Orange O'Neil jersey

  41. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronofgroove View Post
    Orange O'Neil jersey
    Nice! I showed some buddies and even some of my family this picture and asked them if they could pick me out. 9/10 they pointed to you instead of me...

    Iím the second person over to the left of you (photographers perspective) with the green Fox lettering.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  42. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    May 18th opening day!

  43. #443
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209

    Woooooh!!

    Opening day right around the corner! Wooh! I got antsy to finally ride the new DH bike thatís been sitting in the garage since November so I made the trip up to Mountain Creek Saturday, super sore afterwards despite riding GP on the trail bike in the preceding weeks. By chance, I even ended up sharing a lift with Lenosky and Slavin, super cool down to earth riders for sure.

    Weather is looking good for Saturday with showers on Friday to get everything nice and tacky. Anyone else planning on heading to Blue for opening weekend?
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  44. #444
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,288
    I'll probably be there Saturday. Riding my Capra, in its first real bike park test. Weather looks perfect for opening day.

  45. #445
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    I'll probably be there Saturday. Riding my Capra, in its first real bike park test. Weather looks perfect for opening day.
    Nice! It would seem weíll have the place to ourselves lol. Iím a little surprised at the otherwise lackluster level of stoke on this thread. What color is your Capra?
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  46. #446
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    I'll be there both days on my new Process 165.

    It can go either way as far as crowd. Most racers will be between Glen Park and Mountain Creek, which could also drive a lot of the more casual riders here for the weekend.

  47. #447
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    Nice! It would seem weíll have the place to ourselves lol. Iím a little surprised at the otherwise lackluster level of stoke on this thread. What color is your Capra?
    Coaching AAU girls basketball. Tied on in weekend long tournament. Looking forward to getting some weekends free.

  48. #448
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    176
    I'll be there Saturday, riding a black Knolly Warden

  49. #449
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    Aaron / Local / Joules Iíll keep an eye out for you guys Saturday maybe even try to tag along for a lap if youíre down. Also happy to share a cold one later on in the day, my treat if you catch me in the lot. Iíll primarily be on a black V10, but might be spotted on a carbonish/blackish Bronson for a lap or two.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  50. #450
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Sounds good man. I'll be on the grey Kona with shiny orange pieces

  51. #451
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    Aaron / Local / Joules Iíll keep an eye out for you guys Saturday maybe even try to tag along for a lap if youíre down. Also happy to share a cold one later on in the day, my treat if you catch me in the lot. Iíll primarily be on a black V10, but might be spotted on a carbonish/blackish Bronson for a lap or two.
    I'll look for you guys there. It'll be good to ride with some people - all my friends are either busy or too lazy to make the trip

    Black and Red Capra (with orange spring).

  52. #452
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    104
    for those of you who went this past weekend how was it? there's a chance i might head up Sunday this weekend.

  53. #453
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkranked View Post
    for those of you who went this past weekend how was it? there's a chance i might head up Sunday this weekend.
    It was as aaronofgroove predicted, pretty crowded, but likely because of races at Mtn Creek and Glen Park last weekend. Pretty dry and dusty so it was riding fast. They've redone and rerouted a few trails especially at the top so just be aware before you charge into where you think the trail is headed. They still have some stuff to finish up, but everything seemed open-- I was told by staff that they ran out of time to get the road gap jump on cannonball built before opening day. They also redid parts of Ewok, and IMO, improved it in doing so.

    I'll be up again Saturday and IMO, all in all conditions and trails were good.

    Joules and Local, did you guys make it out? I ran into a guy from MD and asked him if he was Joules-- he wasn't lol. I was a little late and got held up by the season pass snafu plaguing their computer system. I kept an eye out, but it was pretty crowded -- I did meet Aaron at the bike wash station at the end of the day. There was another guy there with a black V10 if you happened to see one of us, I was the taller rider of the two with the red and white fox helmet and shaggy mop.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  54. #454
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    176
    Yeah made it out! Very crowded on Saturday but conditions were very fast!

    Can't figure out how to embed the video correctly... But top to bottom run down Boulevard ending in the DS track

    https://youtu.be/VM5b_L7vSoc

    OCS

    https://youtu.be/Y0TYckRK8gU

  55. #455
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,288
    I did make it on Saturday. I don't think I've ever seen Blue that crowded. Bummer in a way, but also... most times I've been there in the past I've asked myself how they could possibly be making money with that few customers.

    I got tripped up on my first run with the reroute up top - I'd always just taken the trail I think they're calling high top, which led to all the trials on that side. No more. El Camino and Miles only (and I wasn't ready for Miles at that point in the day).

  56. #456
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    I knew it'd be crowded, but the crowd that showed up still caught me off guard. It sucked waiting in the lift line, but the $$$ is what will keep the place open so no complaints here.

    Lots of people bitching about the conditions on BLVD and El Camino among others with rocks popping, chunkiness, etc. There's nothing anyone could have done. Fresh trails that haven't been ridden in 6 months in dry, dusty conditions with that many people, no shit its gonna blow up quick.

    The reroute up top is what it is. There were too many people getting hurt between that table and people having never ridden there needing to make a split second decision on where to go while in the air. Now I just need to break the habit of slowing and looking up trail going into the entrance off the ski slope.

    The road gap will be back for this weekend, and the King Tut rebuild started. The idea was to get sections at a time done to keep it open, but that all depends on weather and any snags hit while building. In any case it will hopefully be done by the ESC race.

    I'm hoping to be up Sunday or Monday.

  57. #457
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronofgroove View Post
    I knew it'd be crowded, but the crowd that showed up still caught me off guard. It sucked waiting in the lift line, but the $$$ is what will keep the place open so no complaints here.

    Lots of people bitching about the conditions on BLVD and El Camino among others with rocks popping, chunkiness, etc. There's nothing anyone could have done. Fresh trails that haven't been ridden in 6 months in dry, dusty conditions with that many people, no shit its gonna blow up quick.

    The reroute up top is what it is. There were too many people getting hurt between that table and people having never ridden there needing to make a split second decision on where to go while in the air. Now I just need to break the habit of slowing and looking up trail going into the entrance off the ski slope.

    The road gap will be back for this weekend, and the King Tut rebuild started. The idea was to get sections at a time done to keep it open, but that all depends on weather and any snags hit while building. In any case it will hopefully be done by the ESC race.

    I'm hoping to be up Sunday or Monday.
    Agreed on the crowds and it being good for the mountain and ultimately to everyoneís benefit.

    Iím a little surprised people were complaining about the loose chunky stuff... this is mountain biking and blue mountain is kind of known as a rocky chunky loose mountain, flow trails and all.

    I donít know why, but I find that tabletop turning out to be a death trap and the bane of mountain emergency personnel amusing in a non-malicious kind of way (I talked to one the first aid guys at the bar in the lodge and he echoed this sentiment). Itís just that out of everything thatís there, that little tabletop was kind of unassuming. It was super satisfying coming off of it and compressing right into that little berm and slingshotting around... unless it was pretty wet, I was behind a few different people who blew up (no day-ending injuries) when they hit that berm or the patch of mud right before it when it was super greasy.

    Whatís the plan for upper king tut if you donít mind my asking?

    Iíll be heading up Saturday and maybe Monday if they plan to have it open.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

    2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

  58. #458
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aaronofgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Yeah I'll miss that table, but no one can really deny the deceptively high consequences of it. The other killer is the table before the road gap. That might get turned into rollers or something else eventually and I personally won't miss it at all haha.

    King Tut was always supposed to be a flow trail, like lower is now. So that's the plan for upper. I, along with most, would rather the flow trail be a new trail and leave Upper Tut as is, but there is logic behind it to help ensure the bike park's future with the new owners.

    People complain about anything/everything when it comes to blue. I'm just happy to have lift access DH so close to my house. To be honest there's a massive amount of drama in the Lehigh Valley MTB scene in general, but it is what it is. Opinions are like assholes, etc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Riding a hardtail at blue Mountain bike park
    By Kkon18 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 03:38 PM
  2. Estes Park Rocky Mountain National Park Bike Tours?
    By p08757 in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 10:43 PM
  3. Blue Belle trail Bike Park Wales
    By jakeyo1 in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 06:46 AM
  4. Blue Mountain Bike Park 2013
    By cyclelicious in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 11:26 AM
  5. Mountain Bike Race @ Blue Marsh 10-14
    By Apaulo88 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 05:21 PM

Members who have read this thread: 79

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.