Bloomsburg Local Guide- Mtbr.com
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

Bloomsburg Local Guide

Anyone able to ride Geiseninger or someplace else close to Bloomsburg on Wedensday night 8/19?
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

I'm out of town Wednesday or I could prob do it. If you don't find anyone between now and then, here's how I usually start my rides. Following pts 1-20 takes an hr+, then from there I just make things up as a go along. The Geisinger trails are in a pretty compact area, so even if you get completely turned around, you won't get too lost. FYI, the map at the trailhead isn't that great because it doesn't show any doubletrack/jeep roads that most people use a short connectors.
    Typical route
    Trails w/ topo

trail addict
    It would be a possibility for me. Not night, but evening, maybe. There are some brand-new trails I am thinking about scoping out between Bloom and Danville. I wouldn't be much of a guide on the new trails, but I know Geisinger like the back of my hand.

What is your time frame? What style of ride are you looking for?

The main catch on my end is clearing a weeknight ride with the boss
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack View Post
    There are some brand-new trails I am thinking about scoping out between Bloom and Danville.
    Where?

trail addict
    On rt 11 across from sheetz/woodbine lane. Park in the lot for Hopewell park (little local park) and the trails run up onto the hill behind (south of) the park.

Apparently it is owned by the borough and some guys got permission to build mtb trails there. I talked to one of the guys involved this morning and he is pretty stoked about it. It was just finished and they were running their first laps on it yesterday.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Wow, that's a little over a mile from my house. Will have to check it. thnx.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    hey if you guys have any questions about those trails next to sheetz, let me know. I'm one of the guys that worked on them. Also check out the thread for River Towns Cycling Classic please. Alternatively, I'd be glad to show you around up there one of these days if need me.

trail addict
    I checked them out fri after work. Lots of fun.

It is nice to find a new place to ride that isn't 100 miles away.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Thanks for the offers guys, but I ended up riding most alone that week as I was driving back and forth between Bloom and Lancaster, and only stayed up on Thursday night. I did ride Geisinger while I was up there. Very cool trail system for being that close to town. Really different from the type of stuff I've got down here along the Susquehanna.

I rode Moon Lake, Swatara State Park, and Geisinger, all in all a nice mix of Pennsylvania dirt.
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I'm heading up there tomorrow around 5 to ride them if anyone is interested.