Bicycle Trials- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bicycle Trials

May 2004

Bicycle Trials

To All:

I see some interest in bicycle trails! Great! Once the weather breaks we should get together for a ride. I have some sections set-up. Anyone interested post up here!

LC

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    To All:

I see some interest in bicycle trails! Great! Once the weather breaks we should get together for a ride. I have some sections set-up. Anyone interested post up here!

LC
    Interested.

Mike

mtbr member

Count me in

It would be fun to dust off the old Echo, what's is your trials riding like up there?

To All:

LC
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thorpe Trails
    It would be fun to dust off the old Echo, what's is your trials riding like up there?
    Pretty much like Thorpe! From Big Rocks to nasty slippy stuff! We can do sections from Beg to Pro. Depends on where you wanna ride. Lots of places. Trials is really a hidden sport. No one up here even rides. Nick and Jessie used to ride they were Am riders. Since they went away to school no one rides anymore. Most of my Mt Biker friends know what trials is but they just use their regular Mt Bikes. I would like to do a Scott trials here in the summer! This is the best event I can do for the locals. Riding regular sections to them is boring. But if I connect them all together and call it on e big loop they get to ride more. It kinda makes it into a mt bike trials ride.

LC

mtbr member

fun

Sounds like fun. The problem with riding trails in JT is that nothing is flat so there is no run-up to things. I'm too lazy for that move to move style of riding! The best places to ride are a bit of a ride in too, and without gears or a seat that is a bit of a pain. A speed trials setup whould be fun...Since the NEPS days most of the trials riders I know have turned to urban and park riding or quit. I always liked riding places like St. Peters and Candytown, of course when I lived in Philly I was always ridiung at the Art Museum and Penn.

Pretty much like Thorpe! From Big Rocks to nasty slippy stuff! We can do sections from Beg to Pro. Depends on where you wanna ride. Lots of places. Trials is really a hidden sport. No one up here even rides. Nick and Jessie used to ride they were Am riders. Since they went away to school no one rides anymore. Most of my Mt Biker friends know what trials is but they just use their regular Mt Bikes. I would like to do a Scott trials here in the summer! This is the best event I can do for the locals. Riding regular sections to them is boring. But if I connect them all together and call it on e big loop they get to ride more. It kinda makes it into a mt bike trials ride.

LC
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thorpe Trails
    Sounds like fun. The problem with riding trails in JT is that nothing is flat so there is no run-up to things. I'm too lazy for that move to move style of riding! The best places to ride are a bit of a ride in too, and without gears or a seat that is a bit of a pain. A speed trials setup whould be fun...Since the NEPS days most of the trials riders I know have turned to urban and park riding or quit. I always liked riding places like St. Peters and Candytown, of course when I lived in Philly I was always ridiung at the Art Museum and Penn.
    I agree speed trials is really cool. Or a trials where the section flows, instead of all that hopping around! Too bad trials never became a real Pro sport where JJ, Libor, and Jay De Jesus, Mark Brooks, others Jeff L. could have made carrers of it. Don't get me wrong they were all GREAT riders but I feel they should have been paid much more for their great efforts! I'm glad some of them have moved on to other sports and doing demos. Hey look at Hans Ray! He made it! Motorcycles changed they don't hop much anymore! Well my friend we have what we have and nothing more! It's all about riding anyways!

LC
    Last edited by Proformance Cycle; 02-28-2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I could be into it too- I dont have a traditional trials bike, but I get around ok on my STP...BTW, JJ and Jay D are definitely still around!!!

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    I could be into it too- I dont have a traditional trials bike, but I get around ok on my STP...BTW, JJ and Jay D are definitely still around!!!
    I have a few of JJ's bikes, he calls me every once and a while! I haven't seen Jay. I hear he's at Lebanon BMX! I had Libor's cell number but I havent heard from him. It doesn't work anymore. I guess he got a different number. Those guys were so cool to hang with. When JJ was younger Libor stayed at JJ's house. We all hung out. Libor didn't know english well. We would tell him the wrong thing and he would use it when talking to others. It was great. He was a ball of fun.

Work is Riding! Hobby is Job!
    LC

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Cool! Jay isnt over at Lebanon BMX....right now he's on a crusade to get every MTB rider in the Lehigh Valley to go cross-country skiing whie the weather is still good for it ...that and riding road centuries on Jan 1.......

Members who have read this thread: 0