Because 30 miles is never enough!- Mtbr.com
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm Because 30 miles is never enough!

I guess it's a general call that we all have planned goals...
    ...and sometimes goals plan us.

So with that said, riding 30 miles with 2400 feet of climbing on dirt, gravel, and paved roads makes it a winner! The Maple City Century 30 miler was a great day. I can't speak of the 62 or 100 miler since I didn't do them, but I can tell you others who did them told me they were really tough mothers.

The 30 miler wasn't a beginner ride by any means and I wonder if the folks who did it will come back. One example was a 20 degree dirt incline!!!!! Steep and dirty! Fun all around if you can climb. It seemed as if the whole course was climbs with very few descents, although I did see 40 mph on one descent "paved" of course. I'm not one for brakes, so maybe it was just me. It had a bit of everything! It left me thinking yes it was tough, but my motor is still running and, maybe just maybe, 30 made me mad I didn't do the 62 or 100. Feeling beat up and it's only round 6 of 12 rounder I still had lots to give.

If your trying to read into my words... yes by all means do this event next year!

More later...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Sounds like fun.

mtbr member
    I did the 100. It is quite difficult, but it remains the ride I look forward to the most each year. "River Road" is a gem - it helps to minimize your disadvantage if you want to do it on a MTB.

Wish I knew you'd be there I would've said hi. But you were probably gone by the time I got in (615 or so).
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I rode the 30 with NEPMTBA and we finished somewhere around 2pm or so? Grabbed a bite to eat at the Irving Cliff Brewery, chit-chatted with our fellow Maple City Century comrades over lunch, and then about 3-3:30 it was off to Prompton and ride the MTBs on Cliff Side trail and explore for about 90 minutes. 30 miles wasn't enough indeed! I got up the next morning and I sure felt like I rode the 100.