Bear Hollow Park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Bear Hollow Park

Yesterday i went to bear hollow park in murrysville pa. Ive been going there for years for baseball and stuff but this was the first time i was on the bike trails. They are located behind the far baseball field. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the trails were pretty good considering. There is one main trail that is a mile out and back with many other trails branching off so you can kind of make a loop. Theres not many jumps but there is one jump trail with 3 doubles in a row and there are a few creek crossings. I was on a specialized pitch and had a blast. It isnt as good as Boyce or Frick but it is something different. Anyone else ride here?

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    A buddy of mine hosts a couple of big rides/party every year from his house off of Bull Town Rd that includes, Bear Hollow, Boyce, Duff and Townsend Park as part of a big loop including playing at the High School and terrorizing Rt 22 in general! Great fun!
    Big, strong, rock crushing, IPA drinking, big hit bike rider!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I didnt know there were trails at townsend. Are they any good?

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    There are maybe 5 miles or so, not a lot but they are fun and a couple of good climbs are involved. I just hiked out at Pleasant Valley Park yesterday and was very impressed w/the quality of the trails out there. I think there are maybe, 5-6 miles buit they aere good ones and another park w/some fun riding is Duff Park. LOTS of climbs there and some really cool fun trails, even one that is super technical! Combine them together and you can have a great days ride.
    Big, strong, rock crushing, IPA drinking, big hit bike rider!

Members who have read this thread: 0