Apollo?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Apollo?

Nice no rass

Apollo?

A few of us here are looking for info on Apollo. Can anyone provide directions and trail info/maps? Not finding anything on trail reviews, but I may be searching the wrong name or nearby town.

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

Roaring Run Trails in Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    A few of us here are looking for info on Apollo. Can anyone provide directions and trail info/maps? Not finding anything on trail reviews, but I may be searching the wrong name or nearby town.
    I think what you mean is the trails at Roaring Run in Apollo. These are some of the best trails in western Pa if you like climbing and technical trails as well as some really stunning scenery. I helped to build a lot of the trails there which is why I speak so highly about the place. It's pretty hard to give you trail layout directions but I can give you directions to Apollo and the trailhead. Apollo is appx 45 min NE from Pittsburgh near the small towns of Apollo and Vandergrift. Where are you coming from? There is going to be a big group ride this Sunday at 10:00 if you are interested in joining us. Pace is intermediate w/lots of breathers. The trails are very technical w/a lot of rocks and steep ups/downs. You can PM me if you want and I can get you lined up?
    Last edited by PaMtnBkr; 10-21-2005 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spellin error

Cyclovore
    Is your Sunday ride an open invite? I'd be coming 422 to 56 S Where then?
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat

Here's a review and trail map.
    http://home.comcast.net/~pghmtb/roaringrun.htm

Cyclovore

Great Map

Thanks for the info. How many miles are there? I seen about 10 miles. If so do you guys run laps around it?
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

Nice no rass
    Great info, thanks Leaf.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

only been there once

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kline
    Thanks for the info. How many miles are there? I seen about 10 miles. If so do you guys run laps around it?
    I don't know how many miles are there because I gave up. It's WAY too hilly for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf Magnet
    I don't know how many miles are there because I gave up. It's WAY too hilly for me.
    When I rode with a bunch of folks from PORC out there, we did about 18 I believe. As I said in the other post, ride with some of the folks who have been building out there for the past few years. It is definately hilly, but I rolled a 32/17 out there on the SS and it was all doable.
    .....but good luck with that.

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kline
    Is your Sunday ride an open invite? I'd be coming 422 to 56 S Where then?
    Hey Mike,
    Sorry I missed your message. Our rides are always open to anybody willing to join us. Maybe next time we do a ride at Roaring Run I'll let folks know on this site.

Members who have read this thread: 0