Anybody ride Glen Park in Stroudsburg, PA yet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017

Anybody ride Glen Park in Stroudsburg, PA yet?

How are the trails? I have never been there and plan on going soon. Do any LBS have the trail map? Where is the best place to park?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I went there today for the first time ever. Conditions were great the trails were an absolute blast. No idea where you can get a map and I don't know where the parking was because I carpooled there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster View Post
    I went there today for the first time ever. Conditions were great the trails were an absolute blast. No idea where you can get a map and I don't know where the parking was because I carpooled there.

Oh ok, i live about 25 mins away and i would def have to park somewhere. Im trying to figure out a good start and end point or at least where the entrances are.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Just park in the lot at the park and ride down the river and climb on up. I live down in philly and have been up twice this month. Check out the maze on the other side after lapping the enduro trails. Place is really easy yo figure out. It has a great scene and people will help you out if you just ask

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    152 Collins St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360

Pretty sure this is where we parked

Team _________

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster View Post
    152 Collins St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360

Pretty sure this is where we parked

Tyvm!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Damn hunters smdh, Ill be back this week with the PBC (Pocono Bike Company) to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    For trail info check with Vertical Earth, the LBS on Main Street in Stroudsburg. The owner, Dan Whitehead, put a lot of effort into the Glen Park trails and the shop sponsors a race there. I'm unaware, however, of a generally available printed map. Presumably the shop has some kind of map related to the race course.

Trail Forks has some trails mapped: https://www.trailforks.com/region/gl...4&m=trailforks. You can download the track as .gpx file if you use a GPS, or use your smartphone (and kill its charge).

Chilling out
    The Strava Heat Map for the hills isn't a map, but shows where the trail activity is. Printing it out for a reference or putting some work in to make something like a custom map for a garmin gps (or a KMZ file that some other apps can show) could be helpful.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Check these out for a minimal, overview maps. Bottom of map is top of the hill:

https://notes.pioneerreg.com/Default...2854&a=bikereg
    https://www.bikereg.com/36004

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yep spend a lot of time there...
    ...great place, amazing stuff to have fun on...

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Im waiting for hunting season to end then im going back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine1804 View Post
    Im waiting for hunting season to end then im going back.

A coworker who hunts told me that there's a break in deer season right now. Think it lasts for two weeks. Check PA Game Commission to confirm. If you can handle the cold the trails should be nice and solid for a week or so

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Although this is close to 2 hour trip for me, I relly want to try this. Sucks with all business trip, being on call etc I couldn't. Now that I'm off of it, I have doctor visit tomorrow that will prevent me from riding this weekend. Then I saw snow all week next week. I'll never get to try out my new bike this year.
    2012 S pecialized Hardrock Sport Disc 29er

2017 SANTA CRUZ Hightower CC X01

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Jeff Lenosky just put out a video at Glen Park.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    When will hunting season be over?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Looks like January 27th for deer season but I'm leaving the final analysis of game commission regs for the area up to you.

Seasons and Bag Limits

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm going to head here this weekend, as long as it goes below freezing. Was going to go to Moosic but now have to be in Stroudsburg on Saturday anyway.

Do these trails compare favorably to Moosic?

Chilling out
    I feel Glen Park is very different vs Moosic ... Glen Park is less rocky, has more flow and jump type trail to it, and more aggressive slope on many/most trail with what goes as extended climbing in much of PA.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I feel Glen Park is very different vs Moosic ... Glen Park is less rocky, has more flow and jump type trail to it, and more aggressive slope on many/most trail with what goes as extended climbing in much of PA.
    Thanks. Always interested in trying different trail types

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    adding to my 2018 visit list.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I went on Saturday and will say it was not for me, although there is a good chance I missed something.

It seemed to me to be either really steep uphills and downhills with nothing other than a few fire roads in between.

I should have known something was up when I saw a group with Downhill bikes in the lot!

I rode up to the top and found a small loop area near the power lines but then looking for something on the way down only found the fire roads.

There was one trail that cut across the mountain towards the top that was singletrack and fun but overall it was a lot of work and not much payoff for me (*i'm not much of a downhiller)

Chilling out
    Based upon the Strava Heat Map there's a fair amount of trail in combination of the top of the ridge and the north/east side near the river, the steeper stuff closer to the parking is clearly much more regularly traveled but it's definitely not the majority of the trail.

Still, not a lot of "rolling" or "less inclined" trail there, by appearances. Looking to exploring it more when it's dry (whether frozen or not).

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Talk to Dan the owner of Vertical Earth on Main St, Stroudsburg. He’s spent a lot of effort on Glen Park and is a sponsor of an enduro race (event hosted by Pocono Bike Club). You can find the course map and get an idea of where the trails are. Here’s a past course map.

https://d36gb93zszu20a.cloudfront.ne...Map%202016.png

Trail Forks has more info. The trail does mostly snake up and down the mountain side so it is either up or down.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

The enduro event got a write-up on Pinkbike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Saw that last night. Looked like a fun event. Hoping to get up there soon myself. Looking like May sometime.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Glen Park is such a rad place and I can't believe I had no idea about it until this year.

mtbr member
    It's really cool to see the Glen Park love.

I grew up in S-burg and first rode the Maze in the late 80s. I remember "Washing Machine Hill" and was around when "Helivator" was first built (I imagine both of those are gone or became absorbed into other trails by now). Riding through the homeless encampment was always good for a thrill. Then I got a job at the now defunct Cycle Board Sports which eventually moved up the hill near the parking lot (and next door to my girlfriend's and other good friends' apartments) - so lots of after work fun.

I'm proud to say I know a handful of the guys that made the area what it is now (and no disrespect to Whitehead but there were plenty that came before him). I even organized what has to have been the first "trail work" day at Glen Park as part of an ESU Environmental Club event (1996?) - it consisted 100% of hauling truckloads of illegally dumped trash out of the woods.

Good times.