any one from around williamsport- Mtbr.com
    Biker for Life

any one from around williamsport

does any one live around williamsport?

if you do tell me where some good spots are......ive found this pretty sweet spot in newberry that is really fun but i messed up my brake lever and have to buy a new one

Ex-Clydesdale
    About 40 minutes south of you, down in Selinsgrove (for now).

Check out Roaring Creek (near Elysburg), nice loop you can do there. Also some decent trails behind Geisinger in Danville.
    Last edited by Dwayne; 01-16-2006 at 09:10 AM.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Within 50 miles, in literally any direction from Williamsport, there is enough riding to keep you going months on end without ever hitting the same trail twice..

East = Sullivan County/Wyoming State Forest/Eagle's Mare area. Further east is the Wilkes-Barre/White Haven area, tons of stuff there.

South = Bald Eagle State Forest. Literally 50 different excellent rides there. Many unnamed. Probably the best (kept secret) riding in the eastern half of the state. And it all starts 10 miles away.

North = Yikes. I get MTB-brain-overload thinking about what's up that way. Coundersport, Potato City, Denton Hill, and all the surroundiung stafe forests (Susquehannock, Tioga, ...). But, start with Rider Park (I may have the spelling wrong), 10-12 miles outside w-port, then venture up north into the state forests.

West: State College area, Rothrock State Forest, Coburn area, ... the list goes on and on here, and I forget many of the names and the places.

Williamsport is the best centrally located town for mountain biking in all of PA, bar-none. P.S: If anyone want's to debate that, I'd like to hear the friendly differing opinions!

Members who have read this thread: 0