Any good riding in Northwest PA??- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    361

    Any good riding in Northwest PA??

    My dad has a place at Conneaut Lake, near Meadville. Any good singletrack in this area? Not too interested in paths, dirt roads etc. Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc280
    My dad has a place at Conneaut Lake, near Meadville. Any good singletrack in this area? Not too interested in paths, dirt roads etc. Thanks for the help.
    There is a Cannondale dealership in Meadville, can't remember the name right off the top of my head, but look on the Cannondale website and look for the Pennsylvania dealers and you will find them in Meadville. They hold organized group rides and know all the trails in that area.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    80
    EMIG'S BICYCLE SHOP
    596 STATE STREET
    MEADVILLE, PA 16335
    US
    8143331235


    That's the shop I was talking about, they will lead you in the right direction for sure.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    361
    Thanks for the help, I just haven't had the time to explore/do the research around there.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    80
    My pleasure, also, check out the trail reviews on this website, I've wrote quite a few on some trails in the Erie area, and also check out some of the trails around SW NY like in the Holliday Valley area, some great riding.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Monocog Man
    My pleasure, also, check out the trail reviews on this website, I've wrote quite a few on some trails in the Erie area, and also check out some of the trails around SW NY like in the Holliday Valley area, some great riding.
    MM,

    Whats the scene like off of the I90 corridor? We have a small group of freeriders here in Cleveland, and are willing to drive up to 3 hours in any direction. Can't find much for dh or stunt/jumps in our area, is there anything going on near Peak n Peak or Holiday valley area? Or anything closer? PM me and lets trade some fun spots.
    Now it's time for the blubba
    Blabba
    To watch that belly get fatter
    Fat boy on a diet
    Don't try it
    (SMT, WCH,EIO)I'll jack your @ss like a looter in a riot
    My sh!t's fat like a sumo slammin' that @ss
    Leavin' your face in the grass

  7. #7
    Picture Unrelated
    Reputation: zebrahum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,123
    I know there's some group rides at the Woodcock Dam area. Probably the only thing Emig's will be helpful in providing information for.

    Also, in regards to riding at Peek'n Peak, don't! There's nothing I know of. Drive past to the Red House area of the Allegheny Park. I know there's some riding in the Holiday Valley area, I think you can ride the trail system at the ski resort. More information should be available at http://www.holidayvalley.com

    And for more western new york mountain biking check http://www.wnymba.org

    Enjoy.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum
    I know there's some group rides at the Woodcock Dam area. Probably the only thing Emig's will be helpful in providing information for.

    Also, in regards to riding at Peek'n Peak, don't! There's nothing I know of. Drive past to the Red House area of the Allegheny Park. I know there's some riding in the Holiday Valley area, I think you can ride the trail system at the ski resort. More information should be available at http://www.holidayvalley.com

    And for more western new york mountain biking check http://www.wnymba.org

    Enjoy.
    Some of you people are really funny on this group, so, because you don't know of anything around Peak N' Peek, nothing exists? Wrong! The locals have quite a trail network made up between there and Wilderness Lodge on the PA side. And "some" riding in the Holliday Valley area? Give up, you don't know what you are talking about. Stop in at Mud, Sweat and Gears shop in Ellicotville and they sell a map for $5 that will show all of the riding in the area.

  9. #9
    Picture Unrelated
    Reputation: zebrahum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Monocog Man
    Some of you people are really funny on this group, so, because you don't know of anything around Peak N' Peek, nothing exists? Wrong! The locals have quite a trail network made up between there and Wilderness Lodge on the PA side. And "some" riding in the Holliday Valley area? Give up, you don't know what you are talking about. Stop in at Mud, Sweat and Gears shop in Ellicotville and they sell a map for $5 that will show all of the riding in the area.

    Some people are really rude on this group too. I'm just trying to help out, I don't live in Ellicottville, and I wasn't able to find any trails by myself at the Peak. I'm just giving the hlep I can. Don't be a prick next time Monocog. I'm sure if you stop by Findley lake hardware and sports they'll be able to direct you to other trails in the Peak/ Findley Lake area. And the guys at Mud Sweat and Gears will be very helpful for that area.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum
    Some people are really rude on this group too. I'm just trying to help out, I don't live in Ellicottville, and I wasn't able to find any trails by myself at the Peak. I'm just giving the hlep I can. Don't be a prick next time Monocog. I'm sure if you stop by Findley lake hardware and sports they'll be able to direct you to other trails in the Peak/ Findley Lake area. And the guys at Mud Sweat and Gears will be very helpful for that area.
    I've stopped by Findley Lake many times and know Mike and Shane personally, and already know where the trails are, thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Oldschool-style Passion post. (CRAZY long)
    By Ska in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 01:20 PM
  2. Dual Slalom bike - good for what kind of riding?
    By londonlad in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 06:04 PM
  3. Good riding for a beginner in central pa?
    By Vulcan in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 06:27 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 11:03 AM
  5. any good riding in the Maryland area?????
    By UnitedWeRide in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 07:38 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.