Another Victim of Ray’s Revenge!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Another Victim of Ray’s Revenge!!!

Another Victim of Ray’s Revenge!!!

On Saturday 2 friends and I took our first trip to Raystown. Let me first start off by saying this place rocks, it was fast rolling and flowed great. There was some uphill as to be expected. If you hate hills do not climb Osprey!

Here are a few pictures of a wreck going down Ray’s Revenge.

Hit so hard the tire burped!

The wheel is custom, CK hubs wrapped with DT spokes and DT Swiss 5.1d rims.

Nice Views too!

We can't wait for our next trip!

my church is the woods
    Awesome place, I agree! I was there in May and can't wait to go again next month.

Did you straighten your wheel out ok? I've fixed several of those kind of mild taco's by taking off the wheel, keep the tire on and inflated, hold it like a steering wheel at 4 & 8 o'clock with the peak of the bend toward the ground. then giving it good hard whacks on the ground until its true. I've gotten them near perfect out on trail by doing that. Your lucky it wasn't a weight weenie rim, it would've collapsed completly, I've done that once and it hurt I now run nothing less than a 500g rim.

mtbr member
    That was my buddy, I was taking the pic. No, we didnt even try to bend it back. It was near the end of our ride. None of us knew of the process of how to do it. Next time we will try that, because I can assure you it will happen again...lol
    Last edited by Evo.; 09-06-2009 at 08:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Who built your wheel? Also, where was the pic for your avatar taken?

mtbr member
    That is my friends wheel set, I have the same wheel set but I have red CK hubs and red nipples. My pic is from SnowShoe, WV. Teeter on the J trail. That park is the next best thing to Whistler...

Scooter from Trek of pgh, built the wheel sets.

TheGoat
    Being the one that did manage to wreck and taco my tire. I will say it was an awesome trip and the wreck was kinda funny. Also Rays Revenge is a fun trail just have to watch the speed and not get front heavy over some of the jumps on that trail.

The Goat

Members who have read this thread: 0